• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cruise control pod replacement

jacobliford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
Hello,

I’ve stalked these forums for a while but first time posting. I’ve learned a lot here so hoping someone smarter than me can give me some tips

I recently swapped out the steering wheel buttons on my 03 ranger. Upon first install I used the ribbon cable that was already installed. I had power to all the buttons as they were all lighting up however cruise would not engage. I did the test I found by pressing the off button while turning the key to the on position. The on/off buttons seemed to work but the other side didn’t. The cruise light would not light when pressing any of those buttons. I decided to change the ribbon cable. Now the horn blows when I press the off button and cruise still don’t work. I’ve checked the wiring and it all seems to be connected properly. Considering the lights were on with the original wire does that mean the wire harness was probably good? Also I noticed when driving it the speed control light comes on and off sporadically. Thanks

Last edited:

jacobliford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
Hello,

I’ve stalked these forums for a while but first time posting. I’ve learned a lot here so hoping someone smarter than me can give me some tips

I recently swapped out the steering wheel buttons on my 03 ranger. Upon first install I used the ribbon cable that was already installed. I had power to all the buttons as they were all lighting up however cruise would not engage. I did the test I found by pressing the off button while turning the key to the on position. The on/off buttons seemed to work but the other side didn’t. The cruise light would not light when pressing any of those buttons. I decided to change the ribbon cable. Now the horn blows when I press the off button and cruise still don’t work. I’ve checked the wiring and it all seems to be connected properly. Considering the lights were on with the original wire does that mean the wire harness was probably good? Also I noticed when driving it the speed control light comes on and off sporadically. Thanks
Okay I got the horn issue resolved. Turned out to be the horn switches had broken and metal was touching. Now I’m back to the original issue of the rsm, set, and coast buttons not responding but they are lit up.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals