• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cruise control issue

dashhho

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B4000 SE
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
When I bought the truck the cruise control never worked. I am trying to diagnose the problem, hoping someone has some thoughts! It is a 2005 B4000 SE.

Checked the fuses - all good
Ran the cruise control diagnostic procedure - it passed but the dynamic portion did not actuate the throttle. This leads me to think the module is bad? Should I bother trying to test all the connectors for continuity? The buttons on the steering wheel work and the brake lights work so I'm thinking it's something in the module.

Do not start engine during this test. Transmission in Park or Neutral with parking brake applied.
Put the key in the ignition and hold the OFF button on the speed control then turn the key to the on position and then release the OFF button. This puts the speed control in diagnostic mode. Within 5 seconds of releasing the OFF button, start pressing the buttons in the sequence shown below:ON RESUME COAST SET/ACCEL (For each button pressed, the speed control light should flash ONCE, indicating that the pressed button is working.) If, after pressing the last button (SET/ACCEL), the speed control light flashes: 2 flashes - defective brake pedal position sensor and/or a bad clutch pedal position sensor or the circuit is defective. 3 flashes - Brake deactivation switch is open or circuit is defective. 4 flashes - Vehicle speed signal is out of range or circuit is defective. Immediately after the last flash code is complete, the speed control servo will pull the throttle open and then release it. This should be watched to check that the throttle and cable are not binding or inoperative for any other reason. Although it is rare, it is also possible that this code could flash early during the diagnostic procedure. 5 flashes – Speed Control Actuator defective. Turn ignition switch to the off position after test.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals