• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Critique My Truck Thread

RICO9

07/2014 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Title says 84.
Make / Model
Furd
Engine Size
2.8L w/ Chevy TBI.
Transmission
Manual
Looks good to me. If I were nit-picky I'd say clear corners, tint, and turn the tires white-side-in. But that's just me.

mdn14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Looks good to me. If I were nit-picky I'd say clear corners, tint, and turn the tires white-side-in. But that's just me.
I would do the tint and clear corners if I weren't saving my $$$ for 4wd swap parts.

As for the tires, my family has always been a fan of the white walls out. Idk why everyone doesn't like to show them off. haha

Dugan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989, 1949
Make / Model
Ford, IH
Engine Size
2.9L, 355 SBC
Transmission
Manual

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
How did no one notice the shit pipe stacks on that chevy in the background...

What are people thinking..
They did. Post #53.

That's actually the whole reason I took that picture. The guy was huge sitting over there on his trailer, so I made it look like I was taking pictures of my ride. Freaking ridiculous...

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

bdillard77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
more or less. old cab was rottting away from wheeling so i bought a 4 door 00 cab and swapped it on the 95 frame. has a 76 eb axle under the front as well..

an as for the new badges.. i just put a set on yesterday. i like the black euro 98 style headlights.. i never used to like the gen4 body style and now i LOVE it . kinda grew on me.. iam working on a carbon fiber/orange kevlar power dome hood for it as we speak.. should be done in a little bit. :icon_thumby:
Sounds awesome man! Can't wait to see it! :D

bdillard77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic

Well this is my truck, currently working on a paint job, and fixing the front and up a bit as I had a bit of an accident lol. might even just clearcoat the truck and call her good loving the three tone paint/baremetal
Nah, I'd paint it man but that's just me. Just depends how much work and money you would want to put in it. Hope all goes well whatever you do though! :D

Last edited:

Rangurr

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual

Have at it gents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

mdn14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Have at it gents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
I like it! Needs some bigger tires though! :icon_thumby:

What cb radio is that? It fits perfectly in the ash tray. And how do you like those spyder foglights?

Rangurr

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
I like it! Needs some bigger tires though! :icon_thumby:

What cb radio is that? It fits perfectly in the ash tray. And how do you like those spyder foglights?
Couldn't agree more on the bigger tires! I'm thinking 33"s after a 4" lift and a 3" body lift... (Yes, I know that's excessive for 33's) That's all I really want to do to put lift in a 2wd (Yes, I know I have locking front hubs, a 4x4 switch, and a 4x4 sticker on the truck.... they're on there as a joke)

The cb is actually insanely old but hey, it works just as well as any of the new ones and now that they're so old they're cheap! It's a cobra plus. It fits in there but it was a bugger to get the mounting right for it. Ended up cutting up and making my own mounts instead of the simple bolting in that they usually take but the better look is definitely worth it!

I flat CANNOT stand the foglights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They come with super cheap seals on them and fill with water when you wash your truck. Then you pull them apart, clean everything, and seat the seals the way they should be. After that the seals slip forward again and let mud in when you're playing in puddles. So you disassemble again. After doing this a few times you seek out other ways to seal them. I used silicon which actually worked pretty well for a while. But then I went mudding again and they filled with mud! Now the passengers side is dim and the drivers side won't turn on so I've left them for now... I'm pretty sure the drivers side is just water that got into the connector and pass side is a dirty lens but still... I wouldn't recommend these.

That being said - They do look great with the halos on and, after you grind the little beam deflector tab off, they throw a decent amount of light. I think next time I rebuild them I'm going to throw 100w h3's in and seal the crap out of them. Then we'll see if my opinion of them changes :)

storey618

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

i need to fix mechanical stuff first but id love opinions on what i should do

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.

Bout to get a rollbar in the bed, posi - trac, and 4.10 gears.

Rangurr

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Hmmm... Maybe tinted tails?

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
Hmmm... Maybe tinted tails?
I thought about it, and with the consensus of TRS, tinted tails are not ideal. But I am getting LED tails in black housings, as well as headlights in black housings.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals