• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

creak to the left

rawk74

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I recently purchased a 2007 Ford Ranger. When I make a tight turn to the left it makes a creaking noise(not a power steering noise). It's almost like a rumbling feeling. I feel it through the steering column as well when this happens, almost as if something is loose. It later developed a creak when come to a stop, a little bit louder than the original sound. I took it in and they found there was a loose strut. The squeak/grunt when coming to a stop has stopped, but the original noise when turning tight left is still there. Is this something to worry about, or is that just the way of the Ranger. I also have a 95 B2300 and it has never made this noise. Any suggestions? Thanks.

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
make sure that all of the tie rod ends and other greasable joints are all well greased.

does it do it only when not moving or more than when you are moving?

what about the warrantee?

HAPPY_RANGER_GUY

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I recently purchased a 2007 Ford Ranger...Is this something to worry about, or is that just the way of the Ranger. I also have a 95 B2300 and it has never made this noise.
The suspension on your 1995 is a very different animal than the newer ones
(1998 and later). There have been more suspension related issues with the newer trucks but nothing that can't be maintained/fixed. I guess that's the trade-off, better ride but more maintenance.

T.

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
make sure that all of the tie rod ends and other greasable joints are all well greased.
There isn't a greasable joint on anything but the axle joints on the superdutys nowadays

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
i am painfully aware. had to replace the ball joints in my 2wd. they would have been fine for over 300K probably if i could have kept them well greased.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals