• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Crankshaft sensor bracket help please!!

Hank Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Earlier today I tried changing my timing belt on my 93 2wd 2.3. Everything went well until after removing the crank pulley, I couldn't get the washer behind the crank pulley (belt guide?) to slide off because the bracket holding the crank sensor was in the way. I removed 3 screws (1 10mm head and 2 8mm head) that retain the cs sensor bracket, but the bracket won't move and for the life of me I couldn't locate any other screws holding this thing on. I didn't want to put alot of force on that bracket because it seems from what I have read here so far it is not uncommon to break the cs sensor bracket on this engine.
After much profanity :pissedoff: I decided the best choice was to put the truck back together (I need the truck everyday for work). I do want to do the timing belt soon though as its showing alot of dry rot cracks. Any advice on this would be so greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

nesralyrrej

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 s/c
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Make it fast, Make it loud.
well i just did my timing belt and had the same problem, the belt will slip past the belt guide if you try.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
There is an alignment pin on the bracket as well as the 2 bolts, if you get the two bolts that hold the bracket to the block out and give it a little twist while pulling I bet it'll come off, my guess is there's a bit of oxidation between the pin and the sensor making it hard to move...

Hank Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I think I felt that pin your talking about, under where the cs sensor wires sit, maybe like a dowel pin in the middle of the bracket.

Thanks for the speedy reply I'm gonna try again this weekend:icon_thumby:

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Yep, that's it, twist and pull gently and you should be good to go.

4b316

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
If it doesn't come off,give it a shot of PB blaster and let it sit for an hour and sometimes that helps.You can take a small pocket torch and give it a little heat around the dowel(be careful,just a little)They can get really stuck on there with oxidation.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals