• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Couple simple lift fab questions

CountryBoy704

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So I'm gathering stuff to fab a lift for my TTB D35

I'm thinking that if I were to get my lift coils in, set 'er down, jack the beam ends to the ideal 1'' above centerline and build drop brackets to that exact point I would not have to drop an extra 60+ bucks on the extra-eccentric alignment bushings....right?

Just lookin to save a buck anywhere I can

I think the best way to build arms would be to measure for caster with the lift coils and drop brackets installed?? Seems like that would give me an exact measurement as opposed to working in an angle hoping it works fine.

I helped my buddy put a lift on his jeep last weekend and noticed all his link arms had pivoting bushing ends like so:

Has anybody tried something like that on a TTB radius arm? Seems like it'd be the best of both worlds allowing more flex than the stock doughnut bushing yet is not high maintenance like a heim.
Edit: Mainly wondering if the rotation of the arm as it flexes would freeze a bushing up, ballistics bushings say they can handle 5* either way.
Lemme know if I'm way off track here :icon_thumby:

Last edited:

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
I've never found the donut-style RA bushings to limit travel (at least if running extended radius arms).

As for setting it down and jacking the beams like you say, it might work that way if you can keep everything from falling off the jack, though I think a more accurate result could be had by hanging the pivots from pieces of chain or something from the crossmember. This would eliminate the effect of the beams against the jack transferring weight to your garage floor (making the coils sit taller).
I wouldn't expect to not have to buy alignment bushings though unless the axle happens to sit at the exact same position it did before the lift (pretty unlikely). A proper alignment means some fine-tuning will be in order, which is only possible through the use of the bushings (preferably the 2-piece adjustable ones, which don't need to be replaced any time a different degree amount is needed).

Last edited:

CountryBoy704

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the input and tips! Maybe I'll put the money for fancy joints towards fancy alignment bushings instead and call it done.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals