• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

couple of questions...

Crazy_Bronco_2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Automatic
ok so i got a few questions for you guys...

first of all i have finally got my second B2 to run and i am at a little bit of a cross road...
i was wondering what should i do with it... should i maybe keep it for a "street truck"/daily driver, and make my other 86 b2 my offroader truck
or should i take the 5 speed tranny out of the 89 b2 and swap it over and part the truck out for money to put towards a lift for the 86 b2???

i like the look of the 89's interior but it is not a 4x4 which blows.... but the 86 is a 4x4 and i really want to learn how to drive stick and go offroad with it as well..

and also i was wondering if anyone has put the instrument cluster from a 89+ into a 86 without any problems???

thanks, and sorry if this doesn't make any sense...

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, if it was me i would "harvest" the 86 and put the axles and transfer case in it and make it your daily driver/offroader. The 86 you have looks nice but i'm not excited about it having a auto trans, i dont think the trans would hold up to offroading too long

Crazy_Bronco_2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Well, if it was me i would "harvest" the 86 and put the axles and transfer case in it and make it your daily driver/offroader. The 86 you have looks nice but i'm not excited about it having a auto trans, i dont think the trans would hold up to offroading too long
so are you saying take the drive line out of the 86 and put it in the 89???

whats wrong with the auto in these trucks with offroading??

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals