• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coronavirus

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Personally. I said personally. Yeah, I've heard that a friend of a friend got it, or a friend of a friend's wife got it. But no one that I know personally has ever had it.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
To be fair, most science is funded by business, and exists primarily for the benefit of the business.
True to an extent. Universities tend to work outside of direct influence of business however and alot of major breakthroughs come that way. They may work with grant money provided by different sources like the government, private donors, or businesses but they have little to no direct benefit from the research done with that money. It's very competitive though so lots of begging and ass kissing happens in order to get those grants. My sister does research for PTSD and different neurological disorders. She works for a university not a pharmaceutical company so her work is basically public record and her money comes from private donations and government grants. About as far from big businesses reach as you can get which is exactly how good science is done.

Bad science on the other hand comes from people of strong influence who believe in conspiracies and then spread bad information that makes people question good science. They look for information that backs up their conspiracy theories which is not how science works at all. Think masks don't work and are a conspiracy? Just search the internet for someone who agrees with you and claim it as proof... wala science. And to further help back up their case, if you don't believe in their conspiracy then you must be part of the mass of blind subservient people who can't see the real truth. The world is flat! Your living a lie!

Last edited:

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
People can be swayed by money???

I don't think so <<< now this is a ridiculous statement, lol

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well, in that old movie Road House, Dalton did say "There's no amount of money, when asked to go to work for the corrupt idiot that thought he owned the town.

I've used that statement more than once in my life. Work wanted me to apply for a stupervisor position, I said "There's no amount of money". Same when they asked me to apply for a work lead position. One would've been around a $5 an hour increase, the other $3.

I'll be 60 soon and am thinking of retiring early anyways. Why throw in all the extra B.S. of being a sup. or lead?

Last edited:

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
I think you're confusing science and business a bit. Science says you made a defective and dangerous product, business says keep selling it anyway...
This reminds me of something I heard a few months ago. Good science is always questioning everything. So science invents something, then science finds out what they invented is no good or needs to be tweaked.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Dalton also left the last place he was at because he was offer more money to go to the new place....................(y)

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
So does dying...
I have known many people who got the virus. A few have died. I know of nobody so far that has been protected by their mask.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The masks worn out in public areas are not for the wearer's protection, never were

Covid is mainly spread by an infected person after they have the virus 24 to 48 hours and before they have symptoms of having the virus IF........they ever do, some don't get symptoms
Symptoms often don't show up for 7 to 14 days AFTER exposure so that person can be spreading Covid to others for minimum 5 days but maximum 13 days
They spread it thru exhaling........or coughing and sneezing, sometimes thru shared surface contacts, but smaller percentage
This is why Covid spreads so fast and to so many
With a regular Flu virus you have symptoms within 12-24 hours and know you are sick, most people will avoid others at that time
With Covid you have no idea your body has been hijacked and you are now a walking talking Covid factory, pumping out viruses as fast as you can breath :)

That's what the 2 meter/6ft rule was/is all about, staying away from exhaled breath
Masks simply limit the distance somewhat, as said 1% limited is a 100 million billion times better than 0% limited
Its not how well a mask works, its whether it works at all, and it does work to limit distance of exhaled breath

Working brakes lights are not 100% effective, you can still get rear ended, lol, but they do limit the amount of times you might be rear ended, so IMO best to have working brake lights, but others may disagree
"If its not 100% effective, then screw it, not going to use it" :)

Last edited:

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Lets just discuss this like adults... please!

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I have known many people who got the virus. A few have died. I know of nobody so far that has been protected by their mask.
Lets just discuss this like adults... please!
If you think that statement is one of a rational adult I'm baffled. You delete my silly posts about pickles, but allow these flat out dangerous posts to continue. There is no discussion here, no adult conversation anymore, these posts are dangerous and spreading lies, false information, and are harmful.

Last edited:

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I don't think anything said is dangerous, no one comes here for medical advice, well I hope not :)

But I may go over to a medical forum and post oil change advice, like after draining the oil start and run the engine for 5 minutes to make sure all the old oil is cleaned out.
Don't worry about the noise that's normal, engine may even stop on its own once all the oil is cleaned out
Then put drain plug back in, fill engine with new oil and put the new filter on
And you are DONE, and I truly mean, D O N E, Done

Last edited:

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I'm sorry but anyone who says masks, vaccinations, social distancing etc don't work are helping spread a problem of misinformation that is in fact dangerous.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well yes, but that is medical advise, not sure any one here would be swayed from their current views on those subjects to repeat them, argue with them yes, lol.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
If people listened to medical advice and not internet nonsense we wouldn't need to have an argument in the first place....

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well yes, but that is medical advise, not sure any one here would be swayed from their current views on those subjects to repeat them, argue with them yes, lol.
Yup. Haven't worn a mask yet. Haven't "social distanced" yet. Haven't gotten the experimental "vaccine" yet, and don't intend to. Maybe one day, in 20 years or so, when the FDA finally approves one, I'll think about it. If I'm not pushin up daisies. Where I work, no one is required to get the jab until the FDA approves one. Because, no one alive knows the long term affects of these "vaccines". We could end up having a bunch of people who got it, pushin up daisies before it's all over. Actually, a bunch of people have died from the supposed "vaccine". I won't be one of them. I'll swallow lead first.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals