• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coronavirus

Mike Tonon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I guess it’s acceptable on TRS to be disrespectful, so long as the vocal few on here agree. 🙄

Mike Tonon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
So… this is still a discussion? I think regardless of personal opinions we should all take precautions and be responsible. I hold an occupation which definitely illuminates observing clients who are in isolation wings. I have an everyday reality check.
Being that you work in this field, have you heard that doctors and nurses in Australia have been taking Ivermectin for example, as a preventative?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
“When arguing with a fool, make sure the opponent isn’t doing the exact same thing.”— Abraham Lincoln

Not calling anyone a fool, just saying if you argue with a fool, then there are now two fools, and it multiples, lol

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I guess it’s acceptable on TRS to be disrespectful, so long as the vocal few on here agree. 🙄
Either that or this has been hashed out multiple times in the past 169 pages.

Mike Tonon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Either that or this has been hashed out multiple times in the past 169 pages.
Well, maybe there’s a reason for it... Maybe the “official” narrative has several inconsistencies.

Zmans

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Being that you work in this field, have you heard that doctors and nurses in Australia have been taking Ivermectin for example, as a preventative?
Let me be clear there is no “cure”… if a group of individuals indulge in a placebo experiment with any substances or vaccines outside of mRNA; it’s at those users risk while exposed. The best preventative is isolation from and responsible decisions.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Many sources for this actual science, not ‘science’, as you wrote. You can search it out, yourself. It’s not difficult. And I’ll say it, again.. the rudeness.
What some people call research, is just them searching for an answer that matches theirs.

Zmans

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I really feel even if you do not agree with one another’s viewpoints it needs to be left there. Tough subject matter.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Many sources for this actual science, not ‘science’, as you wrote. You can search it out, yourself. It’s not difficult. And I’ll say it, again.. the rudeness.
There are zero legitimate scientific sources that agree with any of the absurd statements you've made in this thread.

Zero.

That's why I said 'science'.

And being called out for the things that you said? That's not gaslighting. That's a direct response to your statements. Gaslighting is creating an environment where the targeted person questions their own sanity.

Mike Tonon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
There are zero legitimate scientific sources that agree with any of the absurd statements you've made in this thread.

Zero.
That’s not true, even though you desperately want it to be. I suggest we stop talking on this subject, because we obviously don’t agree.

Mike Tonon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Zmans, I have an autoimmune disease. I live relatively close to New York City. I work in a dirty environment around dozens of other people from all over my state. We aren’t really following any of these protocols. I also live like I did pre-2020. I just don’t go to places as often. I even know a few people who were hospitalized for this and have been around them. Doctors were certain they had it, although one of the people tested negative FOUR TIMES. ...I’ve never had a flu shot. I have a mediocre diet, but take supplements relatively often. I’m often stressed out (personal reasons, long story)... shouldn’t I have had it, very badly or even be dead by now?

Then, I also know and know of about 7 people who went to the hospital for completely unrelated reasons and the staff in some cases wanted to and in other cases did.. put that they had Covid19, on the paperwork. So what should we believe the real numbers are?

I also work with someone, who brought his pregnant wife to Yale-New Haven Hospital (large hospital) in October. They put her in the Covid unit. Why? Because it was empty. My coworker, confounded, didn’t like it at first and asked the nurse if they’d seen many Covid cases. She kind of laughed it off and said about one at a time.

Another coworker... he knows someone around 30 years old. She took the vaccine. Then she couldn’t move her arms or legs. Someone else I know of, she took the shot and her arm was stiff as a board after.

This is the predicament that I’m in... what am I to believe?

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Zmans, I have an autoimmune disease. I live relatively close to New York City. I work in a dirty environment around dozens of other people from all over my state. We aren’t really following any of these protocols. I also live like I did pre-2020. I just don’t go to places as often. I even know a few people who were hospitalized for this and have been around them. Doctors were certain they had it, although one of the people tested negative FOUR TIMES. ...I’ve never had a flu shot. I have a mediocre diet, but take supplements relatively often. I’m often stressed out (personal reasons, long story)... shouldn’t I have had it, very badly or even be dead by now?

Then, I also know and know of about 7 people who went to the hospital for completely unrelated reasons and the staff in some cases wanted to and in other cases did.. put that they had Covid19, on the paperwork. So what should we believe the real numbers are?

I also work with someone, who brought his pregnant wife to Yale-New Haven Hospital (large hospital) in October. They put her in the Covid unit. Why? Because it was empty. My coworker, confounded, didn’t like it at first and asked the nurse if they’d seen many Covid cases. She kind of laughed it off and said about one at a time.

Another coworker... he knows someone around 30 years old. She took the vaccine. Then she couldn’t move her arms or legs. Someone else I know of, she took the shot and her arm was stiff as a board after.

When you die can I have a look at your brain? To, you know, see if it's different from other brains I might have seen?

Zmans

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD

@Mike Tonon ,
The excerpt I’ve just read gives me the feeling you’re having convoluted thoughts on this matter, what I am puzzled by is you suffer from an auto immune disease; and you are swayed by others? Would you for your own safety or security not seek solid guided information from someone whom knows your medical intricacies? (Your practitioner) . The backing of your reasoning are on 3rd person accounts(I.e. a friends unverified account), let’s not use them all as an example to feel fear of the proven statistical data. If you feel we have been mislead by the media, by all means investigate other countries and the data provided there, from a wholistic approach this “Pandemic” is extremely real, demographics are vast, it touches many cultures ages and nations. I take responding to these topics with kid gloves as you never know the audience. It’s also your responsibility to not influence others or sway to not heed the advice from professionals or qualified SME’s. So with great respect let that be my final response on the matter.

8thTon

--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
My world is filled with stuff that needs to be fixed

You're already on the right track, it's just pointless posting anything factual on this topic with this crowd. The responses are typical for the fully indoctrinated and those who are terrified of their own mortality, and you're never going to break through that wall. There are many of us who see what you see and have not lost the ability to think.

ryan

Forum Administrator
Administrator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
I've been working in essential industry the whole time during the course of the pandemic. I actually designed the protocols for that covered about 80k people. If you'd like to have actual discussions about COVID and the impact on people I'm happy to go down that route, but watching people talk about that person who knows someone who knows someone at a vaccine company, or regurgitating internet crap makes me want to scream. In my experience through all of this I've come to realize that the experience of dealing with this isn't remotely universal and there are a lot of people who think their limited experience is equal to the experience of people who have been in it for over a year now. I'm not working on return plans for people who have been virtual for a year, and I'm dreading dealing with knuckleheads like that

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
You're already on the right track, it's just pointless posting anything factual on this topic with this crowd. .
How can you say that?... you haven’t posted anything factual in the past 169 pages.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals