• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coronavirus

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I'm tired of all the dumbasses and snowflakes. I think there's a bigger pandemic eating peoples brains.

Hopefully society will look back at this point in time and wonder what the hell was wrong with people. Hopefully.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I just found out yesterday that those deployed that have also gotten both shots are STILL going to be required to get tested and quarantine before returning home.

What is the point of getting the shot if you are still going to have to do the same shit as you would if you hadn’t gotten it?!?! F&$@ing bull shit!

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I just found out yesterday that those deployed that have also gotten both shots are STILL going to be required to get tested and quarantine before returning home.

What is the point of getting the shot if you are still going to have to do the same shit as you would if you hadn’t gotten it?!?! F&$@ing bull shit!
If they get tested what's the point of the quarantine regardless of the vaccine? :icon_confused:

Did the U.S department of defense redundancy division come up with this plan?

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16

That's bizarre. Hopefully somebody will sort that out.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
My nieces husband... Before we go any further what the heck is that to me? My nephew in law?

Anyway, he was sitting here so I asked about the vaccine, quarantine, testing crap. He said he thinks they are worried about the "mutant" strains popping up around the world that the vaccine may not be effective against. They don't want soldiers bringing back a new virus. But that begs the question, what good is it to quarantine our soldiers coming home when civilians can just come and go from the same place anyway?

Thank you for that though since after his "useful" answer I am now forced to listen to him incoherently ramble about how the vaccine is a global pyramid scheme run by werewolves or something.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
More and more Minimum Retirement Age retirement is looking better and better. The military and the government gets more retarded every year. 4 years and 8 months can’t come soon enough!

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
More and more Minimum Retirement Age retirement is looking better and better. The military and the government gets more retarded every year. 4 years and 8 months can’t come soon enough!
Have you considered going full on Corporal Klinger?

Amazon has some great deals on some very lovely sun dresses that I think would just be fabulous on you.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
At what point does he start eating the nearest Jeep?

8thTon

--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
My world is filled with stuff that needs to be fixed

If they get tested what's the point of the quarantine regardless of the vaccine? :icon_confused:

Did the U.S department of defense redundancy division come up with this plan?
That's bizarre. Hopefully somebody will sort that out.
Because of the fact that there is zero evidence that the vaccine prevents one from getting or transmitting the virus, and is only intended to reduce symptoms. You guys jumped all over me for for presenting that fact, and then are confused and surprised when all the official actions are based on it. It's called Cognitive Dissonance.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Because of the fact that there is zero evidence that the vaccine prevents one from getting or transmitting the virus, and is only intended to reduce symptoms. You guys jumped all over me for for presenting that fact, and then are confused and surprised when all the official actions are based on it. It's called Cognitive Dissonance.
We've been over this.

That 'fact' is not supported by any evidence at all (and in fact is in complete opposition to it).
The actual evidence shows a 90+ percent reduction in getting the virus, significantly reduced viral load, etc. Thanks for playing.

But thanks for repeating it. Your posts do bring a smile to my face some days.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
There was a gym here in NJ giving out free memberships to people who refuse to take the vaccine.

My question for this guy, beyond the obvious one about eating paint chips as a child, how does he plan to check that people have NOT been vaccinated?

I mean, in some alternate reality where I would for some unknown reason want to join a gym, in theory I could just walk into said gym in a MAGA hat, say "vaccines is the devil" and get a free membership. He has no way to tell I've actually been vaccinated and think he has the I.Q. of one of those wooden sticks you use to stir paint but just don't want to pay 39 dollars or whatever the hell gym memberships costs...
My question to him is...
Why isn’t he still rotting in jail, where he belongs, for that DUI/crash where he ran into and killed the 19 year old kid. If that guy was on fire, I wouldn’t piss on him to put it out.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
There was a gym here in NJ giving out free memberships to people who refuse to take the vaccine.

My question for this guy, beyond the obvious one about eating paint chips as a child, how does he plan to check that people have NOT been vaccinated?

I mean, in some alternate reality where I would for some unknown reason want to join a gym, in theory I could just walk into said gym in a MAGA hat, say "vaccines is the devil" and get a free membership. He has no way to tell I've actually been vaccinated and think he has the I.Q. of one of those wooden sticks you use to stir paint but just don't want to pay 39 dollars or whatever the hell gym memberships costs...

He assumes that noone that went out of their way to get the vaccine would want to come to his gym anyway?

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
Have you considered going full on Corporal Klinger?

Amazon has some great deals on some very lovely sun dresses that I think would just be fabulous on you.
They wouldn't kick him out for that, we'd pay for a sex change like we did for Bradley Manning while he was in jail for espionage. Before Obama let him out.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
He assumes that noone that went out of their way to get the vaccine would want to come to his gym anyway?
No, he’s been running his mouth since the first day of Covid restrictions about how it’s unconstitutional to stop people from going to the gym, it’s a fake virus, working out will keep you from getting the virus, etc. He wants him 15 minutes of fame.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
We've been over this.

That 'fact' is not supported by any evidence at all (and in fact is in complete opposition to it).
The actual evidence shows a 90+ percent reduction in getting the virus, significantly reduced viral load, etc. Thanks for playing.

But thanks for repeating it. Your posts do bring a smile to my face some days.
Not very fun private testing.

My uncle in law who lived by himself in Denver passed away 3 weeks ago. All his siblings went out to go out to get his body released from the hospital and to clear out his two bedroom apartment. My mother in laws brother from California decided to make a mini vacation out of it and brought the kids (like around 10yo) sister from Alabama flew out and brother/wife from Texas flew out, my inlaws + my brother in law drove from Omaha.

They were all careful, wore masks etc.

Entire California family - covid.
My mother in law - covid.
Sister from Alabama went into the hospital from covid/pneumonia (I think she is out now)
BIL who didn't go but dropped of my FIL's dog when they got back and talked for half an hour caught it.

BIL who went and texas couple have had covid in the last few months and didn't catch it. My FIL who is over 70 (oldest of the bunch) and diabetic and thus the only one of the bunch that was eligible for a shot (and only had his first shot until they day after they got back) not only didn't get it but lives with one that has it and is still so far unscathed. They have been back for two weeks tomorrow.

:dntknw:

My question to him is...
Why isn’t he still rotting in jail, where he belongs, for that DUI/crash where he ran into and killed the 19 year old kid. If that guy was on fire, I wouldn’t piss on him to put it out.
Is this a Kennedy or is there more to the story that us non-yokels don't know?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals