• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coronavirus

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
The veggie omelette meal, what else?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If anybody is looking for something different that is relaxing to watch:

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I just had an in depth conversation with a close friend turned tinfoil hatter.

Crazy spreads fast....

Facebook has doomed us all. I guess. Idk haven't been on it since 2014

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just had an in depth conversation with a close friend turned tinfoil hatter.

Crazy spreads fast....

Facebook has doomed us all. I guess. Idk haven't been on it since 2014
It’s the internet, you find what you want toon there like anywhere else.

Only thing on mine for the virus is memes and people regurgitating symptoms. Still lots of car, truck, aviation, tractor, navy and Coleman stuff in my feed.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
It’s the internet, you find what you want toon there like anywhere else.

Only thing on mine for the virus is memes and people regurgitating symptoms. Still lots of car, truck, aviation, tractor, navy and Coleman stuff in my feed.
The memes are out of control...
I’m on second shift, we spend the day sending memes to each other before work.

All the local groups around me are bashing the next town over (Lakewood, NJ) and the high concentration of Hasidic Jews (50,000+) that have been told by their religious leaders not to follow the social distancing and to go about life as usual... They’ve gone as far as to tell their followers that God will protect them and they’re immune to covid19.
As of Friday @ 2pm, there are 599 positive cases in Lakewood.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
@JohnnyO can probably chime in but I don't think it is all plush pillows and Caddys getting from the hospital to the funeral home on a good day.
EVERY funeral home in my county uses a Chrysler minivan to pick up deceased folks. Lower cost and more discreet.
Rolling up to a hospital or nursing home in a hearse is a bad look.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
My dad gave me an N95 mask the other day. He has health problems and someone gave him a few. I'm diabetic so my risk is greater than average IF I get it, but I am not more likely to get it. Except that I'm still going to work.

My brother-in-law's brother died from it earlier this week in Florida although he had other health problems like COPD. However he wasn't that old, only 67.

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
My dad gave me an N95 mask the other day. He has health problems and someone gave him a few. I'm diabetic so my risk is greater than average IF I get it, but I am not more likely to get it. Except that I'm still going to work.

My brother-in-law's brother died from it earlier this week in Florida although he had other health problems like COPD. However he wasn't that old, only 67.
With you being in the funeral business, how are you handling bodies of the deceased that died of covid?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
To combat cabin fever local small towns are having "scoop the loop" nights. My hometown's was tonight so we did that. Being a Leukemia survivor my wife is pretty much under house arrest and is getting cagey so it was an outing for her. My current closest town is having one Friday night... so I gotta get the Ranger back together for that.

I think the whole town was out tonight:

Everything was out, old trucks of all kinds, old 442, a couple hotrods, old Nova, a couple triple 5's, a couple Chevelles (one '69 with a very nice cam) a couple 'vettes, a plethora of late model Mustangs (new edge and S197's) Camaros and Challengers. And of course a lot of people like us in late model blah cars (2008 Edge was our mount)

Kind of a fun outing, rules are you can't have passengers that you don't live with (unenforceable obviously) and you can't park and get out to BS like we did in high school.

I forgot they were doing it and stumbled into it with my F-150 while swiping dads chainsaw, called home and told her to get ready, we are goin cruisin.

Last edited:

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
To combat cabin fever local small towns are having "scoop the loop" nights. My hometown's was tonight so we did that. Being a Leukemia survivor my wife is pretty much under house arrest and is getting cagey so it was an outing for her. My current closest town is having one Friday night... so I gotta get the Ranger back together for that.

I think the whole town was out tonight:

Everything was out, old trucks of all kinds, old 442, a couple hotrods, old Nova, a couple triple 5's, a couple Chevelles (one '69 with a very nice cam) a couple 'vettes, a plethora of late model Mustangs (new edge and S197's) Camaros and Challengers. And of course a lot of people like us in late model blah cars (2008 Edge was our mount)

Kind of a fun outing, rules are you can't have passengers that you don't live with (unenforceable obviously) and you can't park and get out to BS like we did in high school.

We're finally getting bored of black mirrors.

I actually notice myself using my phone less.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15

I'm really sorry to hear that Jon.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
It has become shocking how naive people are in this country. There is now actual numbers to show how naive we are as a nation.

On March 27, the United States hit the 100,000 case benchmark. On April 1, the number of Americans infected doubled to more than 200,000 cases. Just three days later, on Saturday April 4th, positive COVID-19 cases topped 300,000. I just looked and we're at 312,237 cases.

Actually, here's the top 10:

312,237 USA
126,168 Spain
124,632 Italy
96,092 Germany
90,853 France
82,574 China
55,743 Iran
42,479 United Kingdom
23,934 Turkey
20,505 Switzerland

There have been 8,502 deaths in the USA from COVID-19. There are experts that think the pandemic will peak a month from now in early May. But I've heard predictions ranging from 100,000 - 200,000 deaths. It seems hard to comprehend the numbers. How do you predict the peak is coming, but also expect that many people to die from it. But then, look at how fast the cases are multiplying. Plus, you have people leaving hot spots and heading to other areas. How can you say certain areas will peak, when we're mobile and moving around the country?

Now I hear a Pastor in Pennsylvania (which has 10,507 cases) is going to have a Woodstock style Easter celebration, and is inviting people from all over the country. My Christian faith is important to me, but I'm not an idiot.

Other countries must see us as an entitled nation of people that aren't about to be told what to do. The freedoms that make us great, may also be what breaks us. There should have been a nationwide shelter at home order when this first started, to keep it from getting so bad.

President Trump wants the country to get back to work, and has spoken to owners of sport teams about returning to sports. I'm still struggling to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm personally not happy with some of our elected officials. There are some that will not be getting my vote. I'm also pissed off that Captain Crozier was relieved of his command of the USS Theodore Roosevelt. Just another reason why Trump probably won't get my vote this time, but I don't want to turn this political.

I really hope everyone here is taking this threat serious. It's not just killing older people.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
With you being in the funeral business, how are you handling bodies of the deceased that died of covid?
Current recommendations are not much different than normal. If they're already in a body bag when you pick them up, don't open it. Spray disinfectant on the outside of the body back and extra on the body when you get back to the funeral home including inside the nose and mouth, which we always did anyway. I work for a direct cremation place now and don't embalm anyone any more but when I did I was dressed up like a surgeon anyway, gown, double gloves, face mask, face shield, head and shoe covers. Embalming will kill the virus. You are more likely to get it from someone else in the funeral home than you are the dead body. That's why every state as far as I know is limiting funeral visitations to ten people. I've not had any Covid-19 cases where I work so far but we are relatively new and not that well-known or busy.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
Sorry, I don't get an Edit button on my posts. Let me try again.

Current recommendations are not much different than normal. If they're already in a body bag when you pick them up, don't open it. Spray disinfectant on the outside of the body back and extra on the body when you get back to the funeral home including inside the nose and mouth, which we always did anyway. I work for a direct cremation place now and don't embalm anyone any more but when I did I was dressed up like a surgeon anyway, gown, double gloves, face mask, face shield, head and shoe covers. Embalming will kill the virus. You are more likely to get it from someone else in the funeral home than you are the dead body. That's why every state as far as I know is limiting funeral visitations to ten people. I've not had any Covid-19 cases where I work so far but we are relatively new and not that well-known or busy.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals