• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coronavirus

acsnowrider

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD RANGER
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Ha!!!! Just looked in the closet---I've got "back up" now!!! (I think it was delivered, 10 years ago!!) :yahoo:

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
For those of you out of toilet paper, run by the phone company and ask for a phone book...........just tryin' to help.:derisive:
I had actually read online where one of the news papers in another country put (8) blank pages at the back of the paper for people to use as TP.

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Oh, it's not turning around yet, but as of now we don't have a stay at home order out yet.
It's all just getting started. Wait till all those people who were standing in queues getting infected by other shoppers hoarding toilet paper start showing symptoms. Now throw in all those people who were infected while waiting in those crowds in the airports while waiting to be screened.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
Guess who was at work today?

4.0blue98

I don't feel tardy...
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
Round
My credo
It was like that when I found it.
Strange world...

We're so impatient. What we're doing today won't show for weeks. April will be rough.

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Or.... massive gun and ammo sales followed by the highest un-employment rate in decades.

I ordered a box of .380 ammo and a box of .40 ammo on 03/20. FedEx delivered the .380 ammo to God only knows. The .40 ammo hasn't shipped yet. I got an email today (03/26/20) stating that they're up to the 3/17 orders. Their website says they're working 14-hours a day to get orders out.

Last edited:

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Get jobs at gun companies? :dunno:

My brother works for daniel defense... they're booming.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
It's official... we just passed china in confirmed cases. Our mortality rate is still lower than most countries though. Freaking italy has a mortality rate of 10%! What the hell is going on in italy!?! Are they just shooting people who get the virus!?! Get your sh*t together italy!

Last edited:

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
The demographics in Milan and Venice are older. They've also run out of medical resources. We currently have enough medical resources for the patients that need critical care. If we get to the point that there aren't any beds or ventilators we will see a higher mortality rate here as well, and we are likely to see that in at least some parts of the country.

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
For those of you who don't follow the news,
The administration is going to set up a "Task Force" to determine which counties within each state are to be considered "hot spots".
Trumps plan is to figure out which counties are at low risk for the virus so he can "open them up" even if there is a state wide closure.
So, if you live in a rural county, the local Tasty Freeze will be able to open, along with the local barber shop !
Now, all you citizens who live in a "hot spot" may be able to truck on over to the next county, which has been listed as a low risk, and buy your burgers.
This will allow him to proclaim that, under his expert guidance, many parts of the country will be open for business.
The administration can't even figure out how much medical supplies they have, or where their stock piled, but they can spare the manpower and man hours to determine
if it's OK for me to drive 20 miles to the county north of me to get a haircut.
A "Task Force" for cryin out loud. Unbelievable.
AGHHHHHHHHH !!!
Grumpaw

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
The state Governor still has the final say.

The ideal of sporadically closing areas is stupid. If my area is closed because we have the virus, and the tasty freeze in your area is open, I'm coming over there for an icecream and infecting you.

You can't isolate us. That's a violation of our rights as Americans. We'd rather all die of the virus than give up our rights.

Ok, overly dramatic. But yet, that's the mind set of some people.

I'd personally rather see a total nationwide lockdown for a month and bring this to an end, than to drag this out for the next 6-months to a year.

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
Yeah, luckily the state governors still have the final word, and can overturn this grandiose plan. Knock wood there are people in charge, locally, who have some common sense.
The problem is that some people, listening to him, will now want to travel "over there" cause they've heard it's OK.
Unbelievable !!!
Grumpaw

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
To me it seems as most people are taking the shelter in place thing as purely a suggestion. In our small town most seem like they're doing just that... staying at home.

I'm going to work my pizzeria today... I just need to get my head around what's going on there. My sales are down over 30% from last year. Way less loss then many other businesses... so I'm thankful. But my sales trend prior to this were up 10% over prior year. So I'm down 40% from forecasted... can any of us pay the bills with 40% less money? So in short... I'm already digging the hole we will have to drag the business out of in the future. To make things just a bit worse... my walk in cooler went down Monday night. I was there Tuesday to pitch just short of $2K worth of perishables. Then hand a check to my HVAC vendor for $3K to get my cooler running temp again. It's been one of those weeks for me.

My wife has spent the past couple days researching and applying for some of the assistance programs from Federal, state and corporate levels. There are some shiny spots... but lots of red tape to get to them. I just wonder how deep the hole will get.

@Grumpaw if your county is locked down... and you knowingly travel to a none locked down county for a haircut and a sit down dinner... How in the hell is that Trumps fault?

I don't know what the answer truly is... but the economic impacts certainly need to figure into the rational of the situation.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I've given up listening to the government (any of them), most of them seem to care way more about the stock market then getting this problem solved effectively. You listen to what the medical experts have to say and it's insanely different then what the politicians have to say. The worlds leading experts on infectious diseases say 3-4 more weeks until this peaks and even then reopening things too soon after that will lead to a second wave. Politicians on the other hand say were gonna have churches packed and back to business as usual on easter sunday in 2 weeks.

Yea so... I'm gonna go ahead and listen to the guy with the medical degree...

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
What I'm getting to is that we have been bombarded with things we're supposed to do, and not do. No coordination between local, state, and govt agencies.
Daily briefings from Trump and the "Virus task force", and his daily burbling of "happy talk".
On the flip side, daily briefings from Gov Cuomo and his daily dose of doom. One hand has no idea what the other is doing.
Now, another total waste of manpower. And, there are citizens who take his word as gospel, and will think that it's now back to normal.
Like Dirtman we are listening to the people who, although are not in charge, know what they are talking about, the medical experts.
Grumpaw

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals