• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coronavirus

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/R15
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!
Yell... What do we expect to happen when we intentionally import people that have potentially contracted the virus to our OR other country's? Instead of keeping them where they got infected and quarantining them there for a month to insure no infection we snag as many as we can and transport them to home soil and expect there to be no consequences. While what I just said is harsh and potentially cruel in some cases it is safer than the alternative which is bring just one infected person to a non infected area for it to spread and then have another outbreak with little to no warning.

I'm not a pessimist, cruel or mean. I am a realist, This shit is real and this country brought this possible disaster to our doorsteps because common sense doesn't exist anymore anywhere in our government.

People at times wonder why I like to live like an introvert hermit... case in point, I can't stand the stupidity of the average person anymore. I pitty the last people to showed up at my door wanting to talk about god, I told them that I don't go to their door to talk about sex, drugs and heavy metal and to never come to my door to talk to me again about things I already have beliefs in. Wish I could do the same to our government and they would listen.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Just to ease my mind. You realize thousands of Americans travel to and from China daily. So you would trap all Americans in China there for the foreseeable future over a bad cold?

Also can I buy some crack from you?

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/R15
My credo
A bad cold that has killed over 80,000 people in a month and a half or so? Trap them there yes, for a month or so, but the rest of the world not just the US would be safer than it is now letting those from ground zero come home, wherever that may be, without proper quarantine before hand because that is exactly what we did once the virus was recognized as deadly. We sent charter planes to transport Americans home from ground zero with no quarantine till they landed on US soil. Now there have been at least three, if not more, doctors infected by treating those with the virus. This is a spread, the virus is spreading. Now at least one of those infected was released to the general public here in the states where the virus can spread. An accident, yes, but a potentially costly one. This couldn't happen if they were not allowed on US soil till properly tested.

I'll share the weed but my ass crack is all mine man. No crack here except the one in my thinking.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
A bad cold that has killed over 80,000 people in a month and a half or so? Trap them there yes, for a month or so, but the rest of the world not just the US would be safer than it is now letting those from ground zero come home, wherever that may be, without proper quarantine before hand because that is exactly what we did once the virus was recognized as deadly. We sent charter planes to transport Americans home from ground zero with no quarantine till they landed on US soil. Now there have been at least three, if not more, doctors infected by treating those with the virus. This is a spread, the virus is spreading. Now at least one of those infected was released to the general public here in the states where the virus can spread. An accident, yes, but a potentially costly one. This couldn't happen if they were not allowed on US soil till properly tested.

I'll share the weed but my ass crack is all mine man. No crack here except the one in my thinking.

Where in gods name did you get 80,000 deaths in a month? :icon_confused:

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/R15
My credo
The news how long do you think this has gone on for? I may be reversing the numbers of infected and deaths can update in the AM once the News is off of the debate BS.

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/R15
My credo

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
So 3000 deaths worldwide. 2017 - 2018 deaths from the flu in the U.S. was 80,000. There seems to be a bit of hysteria happening about covid19....
Capture+_2020-02-25-22-30-57.png

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/R15
My credo
I see your point but at the same time there is a vaccination for the flu, hit or miss for effectiveness because it is put out before the exact strain is known, where as there is not even a proper treatment once infected with the coronavirus.

During the flu season you are referring to both my daughter and her mom got nailed with it but I didn't and my kid spends more time with me than her mom. This year, just last week while I was very quiet, I got nailed with the flu and took me 8 days just to get rid of the fever. If this was just a simple Cold/Flu virus do you honestly think that the world leaders would be so panicked? DO you think the Chinese government would be forcefully quarantining people for a simple virus?

The issue is survival rate once infected is a lot lower than the flu virus from 2017-2018. This is what has everyone on edge.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Fun fact: Diarrhea kills 2.2 million people a year... call me when this cold kills more people than the squirts.

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
But wait...
Our fearless leader says there's nothing to worry about, and that when it gets warmer this little problem will die out.
And you know he wouldn't lie to us, right ? And of course he knows much more than the experts in the CDC. In fact, because he know so much more, he's cut their funding and fired people
he considers to be spreading false rumors.
His advice...take 2 aspirin and don't worry about it.
Our leader is just looking out for his own welfare, wait, I mean our welfare, right ?
Grumpaw

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
But wait...
Our fearless leader says there's nothing to worry about, and that when it gets warmer this little problem will die out.
And you know he wouldn't lie to us, right ? And of course he knows much more than the experts in the CDC. In fact, because he know so much more, he's cut their funding and fired people
he considers to be spreading false rumors.
His advice...take 2 aspirin and don't worry about it.
Our leader is just looking out for his own welfare, wait, I mean our welfare, right ?
Grumpaw
Trump said everything's ok?

Dammnit we are f***ed...

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
Sunday he said everything was OK, no need to worry, and stock market dumped over 1000 points. Monday night he said everything was OK, and yesterday the market dumped 900 points.
I truly hope he keeps his big mouth shut today !!!
Grumpaw

OldMan2

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Do your best to be your best.
One thing worth considering is China is shutting down much of it's industry as a precaution to stop the spread of the virus. This will eventually affect the products available on our shelves. There are many articles such as this one on shipping. Considering China makes damn near everything we buy, it might be a good time to stock up on your favorite stuff.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I thought the trade war thing already closed most of china imports anyway? :dunno:

I dont understand how global politics work...

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
Fun fact: Diarrhea kills 2.2 million people a year... call me when this cold kills more people than the squirts.
I understand your point, but the vast majority of those deaths occur in countries where people still drink water from unclean water sources, hell some drink from gutters.
This bug is now being transmitted in modern first world countries, and due to the way people can move around at will means that it will be coming here. There's really no way to stop it
other than totally closing all borders, flights, ships from entering the US.
It is just fact, and something like this virus was just waiting to occur. It was just a matter of time, and was bound to happen.
If there were a vaccine for it, I would be the first in line to get it. I'm one of those "old" folks they refer too as being at risk.
Am I panicking...no. Am I worried,..a bit. But not enough to change my daily routine, although it may come down to it.
Grumpaw

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals