• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coronavirus

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I should add to this and say that I had no choice but to pass the wage increase on to my customer. We sat down with our menu and the price went up on nearly everything we sell. We operate on rather small margins as it is... No other way I can stay open and survive.

The only saving grace is that every other business is going to do the same thing to survive... welcome to the new reality of minimum wage hikes.
When the new menu is printed up, make sure to have a big banner on it somewhere, something real eye catching and obvious, that says "New pricing brought to you by the Minimum Wage Increase".

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
When the new menu is printed up, make sure to have a big banner on it somewhere, something real eye catching and obvious, that says "New pricing brought to you by the Minimum Wage Increase".
I don't think I will put it on a printed menu... but the staff has been given a single phrase to address the people that ask why is this more now then it was. "Due to the increase in the minimum wage, we had no choice but to raise prices".

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I don't think I will put it on a printed menu... but the staff has been given a single phrase to address the people that ask why is this more now then it was. "Due to the increase in the minimum wage, we had no choice but to raise prices".
I'd have no problem openly advertising exactly who and what is responsible for what is sure to be an unpopular action. A lot of people who support the wage hike probably have no concept of how it will impact them.

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
Our Taco Bell is advertising For help offering $12-$14 even though NH's minimum is $7.25. I don't believe anyone could find employees for $7.25. The problem with states mandating $15 is that they can't mandate the employee produce enough income to cover it, unless you're the government you can't pay out more than you take in.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Home Depot and Wawa both hire for around $15 per hour around here. Unless I’m mistaken.

the only places that pay less then $10-12 are fast food places. You just can’t get anyone to show up semi reliably for less.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
4 lucky people.
just talked to a friend that had Covid over the holidays, they had symptoms similar to a medium cold.
2 others I know of also had it 3 weeks ago, again nothing more serious than a bad cold.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Home Depot and Wawa both hire for around $15 per hour around here. Unless I’m mistaken.

the only places that pay less then $10-12 are fast food places. You just can’t get anyone to show up semi reliably for less.
Local greenhouse is advertising hard for $14/h trying to get help. A local factory is doing the same.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
4 lucky people.
just talked to a friend that had Covid over the holidays, they had symptoms similar to a medium cold.
2 others I know of also had it 3 weeks ago, again nothing more serious than a bad cold.
I have several friends currently dealing with it. Some were very lucky and had cold type symptoms. Others have been far worse off. One is a regular runner and ended up on oxygen for weeks including a hospital stay. Even after leaving the hospital it was a couple of weeks before he could walk around the block. After a month he was able to slowly walk a mile and a half. It varies dramatically, and being young and healthy isn't always enough. Likewise, being 70 and out of shape isn't a death sentence.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have several friends currently dealing with it. Some were very lucky and had cold type symptoms. Others have been far worse off. One is a regular runner and ended up on oxygen for weeks including a hospital stay. Even after leaving the hospital it was a couple of weeks before he could walk around the block. After a month he was able to slowly walk a mile and a half. It varies dramatically, and being young and healthy isn't always enough. Likewise, being 70 and out of shape isn't a death sentence.
My 80+ year old grandparents (diabetic/heart issues etc) as a whole took it better than my 40yo brother in law.

Sr Master tech was out of work a month because he also got pneumonia out of it. Grandpa was in the hospital for a couple days because of low oxygen.

All three came down about the same time, grandpa was back to splitting wood again a week before BIL could go back to half days at the dealer.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
A cousin of mine had it, worst part was having to stay home and away from everyone. Hardly any symptoms apparently.

Another cousin of mine had his half brother get it.. slightly worse, and now has after effects of headaches and indigestion.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
ex-wife had it (plus pneumonia) , still alive seems to have no ill effects, pastor at parents church (not sure of age) and someone else my parents knew (60s?) both passed.

Alan_nc

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Got my first vaccine shot yesterday. Took less than 45 minutes even with the 15 minute wait after the shot. Didn't hurt , shoulder a little stiff. Played golf today.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Got my first vaccine shot yesterday. Took less than 45 minutes even with the 15 minute wait after the shot. Didn't hurt , shoulder a little stiff. Played golf today.
Cool (y)

Let us know how that extra arm or tail helps with the golf game :)

I would like to get mine sooner than later but up here in Canada the "later" seems to be my schedule, July to Sept is what I am expecting

Alan_nc

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Splash
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Didn't help my golf game but on the bright side I'm don't seem to be having any issues at all.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals