• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cooper Tires S/T-C

wolfpackforester

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey everybody,
I'm new to the forum, but I was hoping someone could answer my question. Has anyone had/have the Cooper S/T-C? I'm going to be putting new tires on my 99 by the first of the year and I had thought about getting a set of these. If you have these tires I basically want to know how they perform in the mud and dirt and what kind of street manners they have.
My 99 is my daily driver, I want something a little more Aggressive than the BFG radial long trails that are on it now.
Thanks for any Info.

97ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Have you gone to tirerack.com This site is very helpful and has an area on what people say about them.

Keith

wolfpackforester

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
yea, of all the brands they carry Cooper isn't one of them. Thanks anyway.

wolfpackforester

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
nitto terra grappler

Ok, so I guess nobody has hands on experience with the coopers. Ok same question different tire, anybody have any thoughts about the nitto terra grapplers?

scootr2200

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
WELL,

I have a set of Cooper STT's (30x950) on my '86 Ranger, my dad has a set on his '01 F250 CC PSD (305/75/16), and my friend had a set on his '94 Ranger (31x1050). My dad and I both love the tire... while I've had them over a year but only have put maybe 600 miles on them (the truck sits a lot), I have nothing bad to say. When dad ran into a ditch (because of bald tires) and I had to pull him out with my little truck, they bit and chewed like crazy getting a 8,400 lb truck out like nothing. He went out and got a set and they have been wearing for almost a year very well with a little over 8,000 miles on them you can tell very minimal tread wear.

Now my friend, his were crap. They wore VERY bad and un even... now, I can't say much for his as they were on a huntin truck that beat through the woods, being driven to school on a daily basis, and were basically treated like crap. I could probaly say that the reason they were so bad was because of the type of vehicle they were on. They could use a different compound for that size of tire, but who knows?

Mom has a set of A/T's on her '01 4Runner, they have been wearing good... and another friend had some on his modded PSD, the rears always seemed to wear so fast! I don't know why that was? :3gears: :icon_hornsup:

I love mine, besides.. the tread looks just like a Toyo MT!

So, with my experience... I love the Coopers. There are better tires out there, but with my 'budget' in mind.. I really don't think I could ask for more.

Mickey

wolfpackforester

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I go over to the Off Road Rangers (ORR) forum some and alot of those guys really like the STT. That is what I had planned to be my next tire, but then I got married and now I commute about 60 miles to school each day (round trip). I don't know how a tire that aggressive will hold up on I-40 on a daily basis. I still off road but not a much as I like or use to. That’s why I was thinking about the S/T-C it's not quite aggressive and looks similar to the BFG A/T. Being a Cooper I was hoping it would be a little cheaper too. I like the BFG but a buddy of mine put a set on his ranger a little over a year ago and it was like $800.00 bucks! The last time I bought at set of BFG A/T it was a little over $500.00 out the door.
Thanks for the info. I still have some time to think about it, I won't get tires until the first of the year.

Bow_Extreme

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
I've run cooper tires for several years now. I have a relative who owns his own automotive shop and he deals cooper. I've run the cooper AT's on an F-150 and they wore out around 30,000 or less miles. Those were the first set and I was not impressed. I was going to switch but decided to try the new cooper ATR. I've been very impressed with these tires. They are quiet and they wear very little especially as daily drivers. They are very good in the mud and snow as I have run them thru both. The relative that owns the shop put the cooper st-c's on his custom yukon and he really likes them. They have been fairly quiet and wearing very little but the vehicle is not a daily driver. If your going to drive daily I highly recommend the LT-ATR. I also have Cooper HT's on my 05 chevy 2500HD CrewCab 4X4. They came with the truck and I'm not expecting much considering I use the truck to pull. They seem to be doing good thus far. I can still handle a fully loaded trailer and pull 70 down the freeway with great handling. Over the last several years I'd say cooper has improved their tire quality greatly. Hope this may help.

jcmtbfreak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
If you are wanting a tire to commute and play on, check out the Firestone Destination MT. I've been looking (looking is an understatement, try, "researching the crap out of")for a tire that can do both well, and it seems to be the pinnacle of what you can get. I have yet to read a bad review about them. Most guys apparently get between 40 and 60k out of them. They aren't the cheapest, but neither are they super pricey. I'd have a set, but don't have the money together yet. Something to look into.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals