• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cooper STT

Beef52751

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I bought a set of 265/75R16 Cooper STT's.
They work good for mild offroading. They bite well in mud but they are no super swampers. I have about 10,000 miles on them and have rotated them once and seem to be wearing very good. they are a little noisy on the road but that is to be expected with aggressive tires. They have very aggressive side lugs which looks good IMO. I would buy another set in a heartbeat!!!:headbang:

LittleHorse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
buddy of mine has those on his diesel 4x4 Chevy 2500. They look pretty mean.

Unfortunately, he doesn't make much use of them, he got them cheap 'cause his dad is a Cooper dealer.

I like them but they're a little rich for my blood.

Combs Customs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 1993 /19
Make / Model
Ford / Ford / F
Engine Size
4.0L / 4.0L /4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Bought my set while working at a tire store, so i got them just above cost. Very good tire, comparable to the old style BFG M/T. A little thicker sidewall and more aggressive side lugs than the BFG M/T. Retail cost is a little high. I also have around 10K miles on my set, 2 rotations excellent tread left. Compound is decently soft, have cut one about a 1/2" tread, so far no chunking off.

Beef52751

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yes they are a little on the pricey side, i also bought mine while employed at a tire shop. I got them at cost so it wasnt a bad deal for me.
Beef

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
with tires you get what you pay for. coopers are more expensive than other brands, but theres a reason for that. ive mounted 35" STT's that needed less than 2oz of weight to balance out. ive put more than that on 26" car tires of other, lower quality brands.

stts also tend to wear quite nicely considering how aggresive their tread is.

valleyvinyl84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 / 1994
Make / Model
Ford / Chevy
Engine Size
2.0 / 350 CID
Transmission
Manual
I almost bought them instead of my Swampers. I always thought they looked alot like Toyo Open Country M/T's. Good to hear that they are good tires, nice review.

UrbanRedneckKid

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I bought a set of 31x10.5R15s in December of 2007, that are still in use, and have some tread left.

I ran these tires hard, but maintained them. I put 25k mi on them and just recently put them on my brother's truck, who has another 5k and counting on them. They still have a little more than a 1/4'' left.

This is also the only m/t i've ever seen do "good" in winter. Awesome in the mud, trails, rocks, and deep snow. The monsterous sidewalls have numerously pulled me out big Swamper ruts.

They are actually pretty quiet on the road for a m/t.

I absolutely love the STT, and if Cooper had made a 37 for a 15'' wheel, I wouldn't second quess buying another set. Infact I'll be buying a set for the new Exploder this fall.

:icon_thumby:

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have heard gravel roads eat them alive.

I have never been around them though, but I do think they are about the neatest looking tread design to date.

Beef52751

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I drive a TON of gravel roads and havent had a problem, i know some coopers come with a "Chip guard" so they dont get as torn up by gravel. idk if these have that though.
Beef

valleyvinyl84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 / 1994
Make / Model
Ford / Chevy
Engine Size
2.0 / 350 CID
Transmission
Manual
I have heard gravel roads eat them alive.

I have never been around them though, but I do think they are about the neatest looking tread design to date.
You think gravel is bad, try coal! I destroyed the ST's I had on my B2 a few years back. I know a construction / excavation that runs them on some of thier pickups and they like em. :icon_thumby:

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
had 37x12.50x17s on my Diesel (2002 2500 HD) and they didnt wear worth anything. i got about 20K out of them but i also used them off road quite a bit. Ive got Procomp Extreme allterrains on now (37x12.50x17) with about half tread left w/ 30k miles. They dont work as well as the STTs in the snow but for the amount of highway travel i do and off roading they work perfect. Ill buy toyo MTs or procomps before the STT, they just didnt last for my truck.

t_dickie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I had a set of 30x9.50 before they redesigned the tread pattern on my first Ranger and they were amazing tires. Much better than the Intercos I have on my current Ranger.

88mudder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ive had these, i liked them alot on the trail but for daily driving they wear fast and noisy. 4/5!!

mike123

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
my cuz is a cooper dealer so when my dunlop a/ts wear all the way out im problly gonna be gettin a set of these

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I ran them. took them off in 6 months. The noise is unacceptable even for an M/T. My BFG Mud Terrains didn't make half that noise. I would rather buy boggers and then have an excuse.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals