• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3L ('83-'97) Cooling Fan Blade replacement??

Carpe Demon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Howdy all. Did a search, couldn't find the specific item. Curious where I can get a replacement Cooling Fan Blade for my 2.3. It's in the shop getting freshened up; as I'm about to move and unable to work on cars where I currently live; and the blade needs replaced and they can't source the part. I tried to locate one myself, no dice, hoping ya'll can help out.

If not, what do I need to tell them about doing an electric fan conversion?

Please help, ASAP.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
I found one in stock at autozone for my 4.0. it was the fan only (no clutch)...I remember it was less than $50 bucks.

This was after I did an electric fan conversion, but had problems getting the thermostat part to work properly. Perhaps traumatized, it all seemed a lil sketchy to me, so I switched back to the good old reliable clutch fan. The clutch was still new, so I just replaced the beat up fan while I was at it.

If you go efan make sure you get a good and proper thermostat switch, so the fan turns on and off at the proper temps.

I bought a kit thinking it would swap right in. But it had an adjustable fan switch that never worked right. I have since collected various temp range thermostat fan switches in both probe and npt threaded form, hoping one will work on my next efan swap attempt, which I will do after summer lol since the fan clutch system is keeping things nice and cool at the moment....

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Junkyard may be your best bet. You can get 3.0 and 4.0 fan blades but 4 cylinder ones are hard to find for some reason. What's wrong with the one you have? Cracked? Often times those fan blades crack and will continue working just fine for a LONG time.

tomw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
lima bean
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
vertical and above ground
I ordered a replacement whiteish plastic blade from mumblemumbleFordParts online. It was around $50.
I ordered a replacement thermal clutch online also. Both last summer(I think).
YOu should be able to find one online, but it won't be cheap.
Getting an old one from the boneyard is not real smart, as they will all be 30-something years old, and likely in the same shape as the one you have.
Mine was cracking and bits and pieces of the blades were coming off. I expected it to come apart and possibly mess up the radiator, so finally paid for a new pair.
Part number: E5TZ-8600-A
whitebearford... no longer available. I bought in 2018
tom

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals