• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Concealed Carry Pistol Thread

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My EDC.

Chopped and bobbed full size s&w M&P 9mm.

Apex dcaek, XS big dot sights, full internal polish job.

Been open carrying for 6 months and took the CCDW class 2 weeks ago so should be able to conceal in about a month.

Open carry with a Blackhawks Serpa, concealed will be with a comp-tac CTAC holster.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
Hoosier, hat gun you putting them on?

Sent from somewhere naughty!
My FNX. I kind of have to improvise since my weapon is still relatively new to the market. It was released at the end of last year.

backwoods

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I really wanted to pick up a FN57 but since you cannot (at least at the time) buy brass for it, I decided against it. The cartridge has a much higher performance ceiling than the factory loads provide.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
I would go ahead and get it. It is a awesome firearm in general. It does get pricey to shoot though. It took a box for me to zero it.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I've shot a number of handguns....

I love the full size 1911, but like has been said, not easy to hide.

The Beretta 92 and clones are nice too (Taurus makes a good one), but if you're going to haul around something that big, you might as well carry a 1911.

Not a Glock fan. I've shot a couple and I don't really care for them - especially when it comes to carry - that only a trigger safety doesn't seem as safe as I'd care for if I had to carry one. And yes, I know that the Springfield XD is a very similar pistol.

I <3 Springfield XD pistols. Not a fan of .40 cal though (in anything), IMHO, it has too much tendancy for muzzle flip. The .45 is nice though. And better yet is Springfield's newest release - a pocket sized .45 (5 in the mag, one in the pipe) - I'm anxious to be able to try one out!

For carry revolvers, I'd go with a Taurus Total Titanium in .38 - light weight, small, good sized grip, and comfortable to shoot.

Personally, if I were to carry, I'd go with the biggest caliber I felt comfortable to shoot and that I could hide on me (in other words, I would carry a Desert Eagle .50ae if I could find a way to hide it).

As far as holsters go, I think it would depend on how you plan to carry it. The bigger the gun, the harder to hide. You have to think not only about comfortably carrying it, but also preventing it from "printing" through your shirt - IE, you don't want a big gun where if you turn wrong or something, the outline of the grip shows clearly through your shirt - kind of defeats the purpose then.

86 slo-vo

02/2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The only safety on mine is the factory trigger and that thing between my ears, don't put your finger on the trigger until your ready to fire and the gun won't go boom.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
The only safety on mine is the factory trigger and that thing between my ears, don't put your finger on the trigger until your ready to fire and the gun won't go boom.
True 'nuff, but I'm a bit old-school, I'd rather have a grip safety to go along with the trigger.....

Thinking about it, I've probably taken that point of view because the rifle I often shoot has a 3 lb trigger (sounds like a lot, but it's really little more than a hard wish when you put your finger on it). I just like the thoughts of that little bit of extra safety over a trigger.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Safety? What's a safety? Lol

My service gun, only safety that it has is a hammer block, and the fact that it's double action, and we are not to ever cock it

Seano04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Here's my everyday carry...had a little fun customizing it. It's had about 1,000 rounds through it and it travels with me clicked into a Blackhawk holster. I tend to clean it after shooting it mostly.

hondaxr650

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Here's my everyday carry...had a little fun customizing it. It's had about 1,000 rounds through it and it travels with me clicked into a Blackhawk holster. I tend to clean it after shooting it mostly.

Nice! That looks great. Wish I had the courage to attempt something like that on one of mine.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
what's with your gun's erection, or is it a strap on?

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
Safety? What's a safety? Lol

My service gun, only safety that it has is a hammer block, and the fact that it's double action, and we are not to ever cock it

i think you mean single action. Double actions do not have to be 'cocked' to fire. Action one 'cocks' the firing mechanism, action two fires it. A single action must be 'cocked' before being fired otherwise pulling the trigger does nothing.

not my cup of tea, but to each his own.

what's with your gun's erection, or is it a strap on?
It's a magazine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i think you mean single action. Double actions do not have to be 'cocked' to fire. Action one 'cocks' the firing mechanism, action two fires it. A single action must be 'cocked' before being fired otherwise pulling the trigger does nothing.
yes, double action... the difference is the trigger pull strength, on our guns, in the uncocked position, the trigger pull is between 8 and 13 lbs, in the cocked, it is about 2-3lbs, so that in it's self is technically a safety, being that it is more difficult to pull the trigger by accident...

It's a magazine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
ohhhh, i see it now... it kinda looked like the butt end of the mag was a recess in the grip, and the black portion was something coming out of the underside...

the camo is to blame, i couldn't see where one ended and the other began!

Cody Ray

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I :beer: Arizona, no longer need a CCP if your 21 and over. Need it for other states. My cousin and uncle both say carry what you are comfortable with. The better you know the weapon, the better you will be with it in an emergency.

warmachine5500

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I just noticed this thread and thought I'd weigh in.

I carry a Springfield Mil-Spec full size 1911 in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I used to carry a Springfield XD subcompact .40, but the frame is kind of fat, so it tended to print more on me. I carry the 1911 at the 3 o'clock position and it doesn't print much at all. It's heavy, so when I don't feel like cinching my belt down tight enough to cut off circulation to my lower body I just wear some suspenders. It's comfortable and people are none the wiser.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals