• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Concealed Carry Pistol Thread

WoodyB2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah I'm not to impressed with my first reaction to the INCOG. I'm so used to the softer feel of the horsehide.

I don't need to change guns. I'm a firm believer in carry the same gun at all times and carry it the same way.

Yes I just bought a different holster but I wanted to see if it was cooler.

Well let's say you purchase a new carry gun, all you need to buy a 25 dollar piece of kydex instead of buying and breaking in a brand new holster...just my opinion though, mileage May vary.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
yeah, understandable I suppose

WoodyB2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah, understandable I suppose
I don't change carry guns often. But I still like having the option of carrying my 1911 and XD by removing a few chicago screws, because my white hat holster is formed to my hip and is the most comfortable holster I own.

But again I don't carry my 1911 all that often because I am more familiar with my XD.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I love a 1911... I want one so bad...
I don't like carrying a 1911 tho. I love my XDm for that.

and actually.. I'm pretty sure Tommy Theis would sell the kydex in another form for my Theis if I just asked... who knows.

does changing out the kydex not wear out any parts? does the leather forming to 2 different guns not wear it differently than it would for one?
Idk, I'm just asking... I don't plan on carrying a different gun so I'm good.

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
I love a 1911... I want one so bad...
I don't like carrying a 1911 tho. I love my XDm for that.

and actually.. I'm pretty sure Tommy Theis would sell the kydex in another form for my Theis if I just asked... who knows.

does changing out the kydex not wear out any parts? does the leather forming to 2 different guns not wear it differently than it would for one?
Idk, I'm just asking... I don't plan on carrying a different gun so I'm good.
All I carry is 1911... Get my holsters from this guy..http://www.tuckergunleather.com/product_images/bglogo.png

Carries all day with no discomfort.

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
My CPL card came the other day! I also went with a White Hat Holster, and from what I can tell it looks like it will work really nice.

Haven't worn it yet (shush!) due to me needing some new pants in order for it to fit, and due to budget constraints, that can't happen for a couple weeks (I know, it's sad, but my 6-month insurance payment came and I still need food.)

bmerr98

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 X
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Leave it better than you found it.
I had a Glock 19 2nd Generation. Had to sell it. Needed tires for a trip to NH. I CC a Diamondback DB9 with either a pocket holster or an IWB depending on how i dress. Slimmest 9mm on the market last I heard. Of course, that's because there's no slide lock...

No jams so far, but I wouldn't want to shoot it all day. Pretty snappy. Definitely will NOT tolerate limp wristing.

For off in the weeds I open carry a Colt Trooper III 6" barrel .357 in addition to the DB9, just to show em.

Last edited:

nb11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
Is the 3.8" XD45 hard to shoot? I'm about to turn 21 and want to carry. I want to carry something with some power (who doesn't?) mainly for critters, i.e. bears, hogs, gators. I would think something like a 9mm (not at punishing to the shooter, cheaper ammo) would be sufficient for a human critter, but would want to be sure one shot will do the job.

I know its apples and oranges, but I'm considering either and XD .45 or a Ruger SP101 .357 mag.

I like the round count of the auto, but there's just something about revolvers that's appealing. I would think the .357 would be a little smaller (I'm not a big person, so size is key when trying to conceal), and I do like having options of shooting .38 spec. and .38 spec. +P through it. I need to go to a range that rents guns I suppose and try shooting both.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The revolver (mainly cylinder) would probably be thicker than the semi auto though.

Those Rugers are a nice gun, my grandfather has one. :icon_thumby:

I would like to get a .357 Blackhawk for hunting/plunking with. The option of being able to shoot .38spcl is nice because they are fairly cheap compared to .45 (either LC or ACP) and .357.

JOSEPH169

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've got the FNX 45, has a 3, 15 round mags, I've shot over 300 rounds in it since I've bought it this year and its pretty accurate. It is a bit big to conceal though since it's a .45,

JOSEPH169

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nice.. Looks just like mine, I'm leaning on getting the FNS 9 compact I saw the other day at the gun shop. Or maybe even a Glock but I'm gonna rent on too shoot before I buy one.

AmericanPride

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Nice.. Looks just like mine, I'm leaning on getting the FNS 9 compact I saw the other day at the gun shop. Or maybe even a Glock but I'm gonna rent on too shoot before I buy one.
The FN is the way to go. Tons of awards on it and shoots great. They don't have a compact model yet though. They have a standard and Ling slide now. The standard is about 4"

mdn14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
XDm 45acp 3.8"

/end thread.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals