• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

computer drivers

chico4554

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my cd/dvd drive will not rip cds or play them. It plays dvds fine. I just had a new harddrive installed cause my other one shit the bed. I think I have to install or update my driver but im not sure on how to do it. I looked it up on google but couldnt find much. Im running windows vista home premium. Can anyone help?

cr_the_machinist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Thats the first thing I would look at is updating the drivers. Check out the CD drives manfacturers web site. They will post updated drivers for free if there is any. If that doesn't help i wouldn't know too much after that. My step dads pc did that for forever with one of its drives. He ended up just totally formating and relaoding windows on his pc and starting from scratch. That fixed it for good. Maybe chack to may sure everything is hooked up right on the inside of your pc. Windows can be very stupid sometimes.

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
Vista straight sucks, period

cr_the_machinist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I've been running vista for about four months now. I like it a lot better than XP. You actually know whats going on in the OS unlike XP where it just assumes it's okay and goes ahead with the procedure. I've had a couple of times when I was surfing the web and Vista pops up if was alright that the website browses my computer.... haha, NO! It has a very good firewall and operating procedure.

superdave1984

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Have you uninstalled/reinstalled your burning software? Did the CD drive work at all after the new hard drive install? If it did, look for a firmware update from the manufacturer. If not, replace it.

gettle03FX4LevelII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger FX4 Leve
Transmission
Manual
were you running vista on the old hard drive? if not the burner may not be compatible with vista. you may need to see if there are vista drivers to make it work or find a burner that is vista compatible.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals