• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

CompCams camshaft# 49-410-8

Tee Rev

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Those Comp cam 988 springs sound like an excellent idea. Did you have to do any machine work to the spring seats to make them fit? New retainers or keepers?

I was also going to ask about the shaft style rockers. How do those hold up?
If you install the springs using the factory retainers & locks, no machining is required, but if you use aftermarket retainers like the Crane 99947's you'll either need to mill down the center boss, or shave the retainers so that the valve seals have clearance.

The stock retainers fit a little sloppy, but I've been running them without any ill effects.

As for the rocker assemblies, I replaced the springs with aluminum sleeves, other than that they are bone stock. I've been toying with the idea of making a set of higher ratio roller tip rockers, but I'd rather run a longer duration cam as the power benefits are greater.

Last edited:

Bird

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I too can be very opinionated at times, and I'll admit that I definitely don't know everything. But when it's something I have first hand experience with, I'll express my view.

I am also a tradesman, Journeyman Machinist/Machine shop owner that is.

Trev

Trev,

You're also one of the few out there that actually knows something about the 4.0.................................... :icon_cheers:

Hope it's been going well.

Bird

ps. the 99947's are no longer available from Crane

Last edited:

Tee Rev

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Trev,

You're also one of the few out there that actually knows something about the 4.0.................................... :icon_cheers:

Hope it's been going well.

Bird

ps. the 99947's are no longer available from Crane

Thanks Bird,
You too are one of the few with real 4.0L knowledge !:icon_thumby:

Guess it's a good thing I stocked up on parts a while back, although, I guess I could make retainers if need be.

Business is going well, I've got a great customer base & am hoping to expand in '08. I'm looking to buy a building as well as a 6 axis machining center!!

....... it actually freaks me out a little!!:fie:

Trev

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals