• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Collecting new brake parts. What do you guys think?

getrdone52

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 V8
Transmission
Automatic
I'm pretty sure I have glazed brakes so I'm going to get new rotors, pads, and calipers. Is there anything else I should get? Here is the rotors and pads I was thinking about getting. CLICKY! Do these look like good quality? I'm not too much of a brake expert and I need help with calipers, what all do I need? The bracket, cover, and the actual caliper? Do they have kits with everything? I was hoping someone could help me. Thanks!

aspevacek

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
They are nto supe rgood quality but for the price I would say you get what you pay for. I am willing to be you could get some raybestos rotors and ceramic pads from rock auto or carparts warehouse for about the same price. 4X4 Ranger rotors are pretty damn cheap. I re did the entire rear brakes on my truck to include drums and wheel cylinders and all hardware for like 150 shipping included.

Back to the Brake motive. I had thier rotors all the way around on my 04 impala SS and had the front rotors warp at at 2500 miles, to the point you would feel the viobration while driving. Take that for what it is worth. I am a little rougher on that car on the highway then I ever would be on my truck.

upnsmoke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Did you get them done yet? If not, I would not recommend drilled and slotted rotors on a truck. They cost more and you can't turn them next time you need to do pads. I would also not bother replacing calipers unless yours are frozen or leaking. I recommend Bendix brand pads and rotors.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals