• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coleman Liquid Fuel

Shran

Junk Collector
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
That's profane. I mean propane. What a dirty word in a thread about nice clean white gas!

I have a couple of those too. You can (or could) get different sizes for the big 413 size stoves or the smaller ones. I thought it'd be kinda nice to have in combination with a hose to connect to a 20lb cylinder. I hear the burners and stuff in our stove are not designed for propane though so it doesn't burn efficiently or something and you go through a lot more of it than you normally would in an actual propane stove. I don't know how true that is.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 7FA902352B4C01: April 5th, 2021

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That's profane. I mean propane. What a dirty word in a thread about nice clean white gas!

I have a couple of those too. You can (or could) get different sizes for the big 413 size stoves or the smaller ones. I thought it'd be kinda nice to have in combination with a hose to connect to a 20lb cylinder. I hear the burners and stuff in our stove are not designed for propane though so it doesn't burn efficiently or something and you go through a lot more of it than you normally would in an actual propane stove. I don't know how true that is.
Never been around one. I read on a fb group over the summer that somebody took their converter apart and opened it up for either a 413 or 426.

For something to sit on a shelf until it is needed propane would probably be better. Nothing to stick valves or anything.

Actually kind of hard to find, I had to order it from Cabelas. No brick and mortar store had anything, not even Amazon had them.

ericbphoto

I've fallen and I can't get up!
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Not Coleman, but I thought this would be a good place to share. I spent a bit of time today fiddling with some railroad lanterns and marker lamp that I inherited from my dad.

First up, the marker lamp. This would be mounted on the back of the caboose or last car on a passenger train. Mine is made by Handlan. No manufacturing date. No Railroad name, but probably came from the Lehigh Valley Railroad in northeast PA.

20210102_124340.jpg

20210102_124436.jpg

Next, a signal lantern made by Adlake. Model #250 kero. Would have been made in the 1920-1930's. Very clearly marked Lehigh Valley Railroad.

20210102_130553.jpg

Finally, another signal lantern. Model - Dietz Vesta. Manufactured 10-37. No Railroad name marked.
20210102_132552.jpg

The signal lanterns would have been used by conductors, brakemen and depot workers to signal engineers through common patterns of swinging them and using different colored globes.

My brother has a similar but different collection. We each took 3 from dad's collection. I also have a long spouted oil can with thumb valve from the Lehigh Valley RR and a brass hand torch.

Anybody else have railroad lanterns?

Uncle Gump

Forum Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead, Follow or get out of my way
I don't have any... but I do know there is a collector following and some pieces bring a fair amount of money. I honestly think the globes are what brings the real money.

Really cool stuff... and make nice display pieces.