• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

coil swap?

94bigsteele

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have a wishbone 94 ranger 4x4 and the front is low.The coils are blown.i was goin to put a leveling kit in it but people are telling me its a pain because you need new camber bushings.So i was looking around and i saw a 88 or 89 stx with the high ride package.The coils are a LITTLE higher and stiffer.The stx has a wishbone front.All i want to know is if i get the stx coil if it will fit on my ranger?

Sprag-O

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
You have a TTB front end... Not a wishbone.

Regardless of the springs, when you change something in the front you need an alignment.

Get 2" Leveling springs like the skyjackers... buy the camber bushings for all of 20some bucks... and then head to the local alignment shop, and get the camber taken care of.

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
ill second the advice on skyjacker leveling coils. if i could do it over again (not that i couldnt, but i already bought new stock coils) i would have got the levleing coils, especially with the heavier extended cab. if you havent already, give this article a thorough read through, it cleared things up alot for me when i was new to the ranger suspension.http://www.therangerstation.com/Magazine/Spring2003/TTBTuning.htm

94bigsteele

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks, whats better the levling coils or just the spacers? and for the guy that thought it was funny cause i didnt know about ttb ,:thefinger:dont be an ass. im new at this stuff

Rifleman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
There are loads of articles on all this. It's easy to browse and use search and not be new at it any more. You can gain great wisdom from all that is here. Asses are something all websites have and no website can help.

(Not saying or agreeing anyone is an ass!)

Last edited:

94bigsteele

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
if your old springs are just that, old and not too springy anymore, then i would get the leveling coils (they will give you higher ride height and give improved handling and ride compared to your old blown out springs). if your coils are new, as mine are, then i would go with the spacers because you arent going to improve the ride much if any, and the spacers will acomplish you need to sit level. hope this helps you out- kirk

94bigsteele

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
will my truck sag alot in the back if i put a load in the bed with the leveling kit?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals