• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Clutch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
Hello guys , I have a 93 ranger manual , 2.3L
So I had replaced about all the clutch kit , slave cylinder , clutch , master cylinder . So my question is since it’s new is it normal that I have to pump my clutch so many times for it to wanna catch gear ? I took it to a mechanic so they could just change that piece and the guy told me it was normal so after so many pumps it hardly wants to catch a gear . Yet it runs and it has no trouble once it’s on gear

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
No... not normal.

Sounds like you have air in the system to me.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Bleed the system. Some can be tricky.

There is a bunch of info here on the site... do a search and you will get some info

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
Bleed the system. Some can be tricky.

There is a bunch of info here on the site... do a search and you will get some info
Thank you I will what I find kinda difficult is that the master cylinder is a metal piece , the old one is plastic , it was kinda hard to remove being plastic I imagine the metal piece

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
If you have a vacuum bleeder (mighty vac) it will make the job much easier. just hook it to the slave cyl and pull fluid thru until its flowing solid (no bubbles). Make sure to keep the master cyl topped off (it goes quick w/ the vacuum bleeder). it shouldn't take much time or fluid.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
If you have a vacuum bleeder (mighty vac) it will make the job much easier. just hook it to the slave cyl and pull fluid thru until its flowing solid (no bubbles). Make sure to keep the master cyl topped off (it goes quick w/ the vacuum bleeder). it shouldn't take much time or fluid.
Where can I buy one ? Those vacuum bleeder ?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
And how do you even use it lol it looks complicated but I’ll do some research on that

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
They have em at most auto parts stores, or Harbor Freight....Usually about $40 (mighty vac)...its super easy to use, just a lil messy if you're in a hurry or clumsy with it. I use mine often, being the neighborhood brake job guy.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford ranger
Transmission
Manual
They have em at most auto parts stores, or Harbor Freight....Usually about $40 (mighty vac)...its super easy to use, just a lil messy if you're in a hurry or clumsy with it. I use mine often, being the neighborhood brake job guy.
Oh okay I will check it out ! Thank you . Sounds easier than the bench bleeding I think it’s called lol

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
And how do you even use it lol it looks complicated but I’ll do some research on that
naw its easy, connect the hoses (one from vac to the lil tank they provide, and from tank to the bleeder nipple). Then just crack the bleeder and start pumping the handle, you will soon see fluid being sucked out into the lil tank. Just make sure to keep the fluid in master topped off (it sucks down quick). When you see solid fluid coming out the tube, lock down the bleeder nipple and yank off the hose, top of master and ur done!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals