• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Clutch Slave Hydraulic Line Leak

helpme

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Has anybody experienced a leak on the hydraulic line where the metal line from the master connects to the plastic line going to the slave. Appears to be some sort of a sharkbite fitting. Can I put Ultrablack on it? How much pressure is on the line?
Slave unit was replaced about 2 years ago by a professional transmission shop. Thanks.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I went and looked this up since I'd never heard of there being metal in that line... turns out on those there's metal from the master part way down. I'm not sure about the factory one but the Dorman one just looks pressed together. I don't know the pressure but it's enough that ultra black will not work. I would be tempted to change the whole hose between the master and slave, they're available in the aftermarket like HERE you can take that Dorman part number and get it at most parts stores

As for replacing it, it's not the easiest thing on a third gen, the master cylinder is unfortunately right under the brake booster so getting the roll pin out would be difficult. When my master cylinder went out I just changed the master cylinder with a "bled assembly) that came with the hose like THIS, this one says it only works on the V6's but the only difference should be the heat shield, transmission is the same and position is the same...

helpme

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, I did put Ultrablack on it. But before that, I ty-wrapped the metal line to the harness going down along side the frame. This gave it a better angle going into the plastic line. I think it was cocked where the two lines mated at the shark bite fitting. That may have been the problem all along. So far, so good, no leak. Thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals