• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

clutch problems

Blueranger99

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l v6, k&n box filter- this thing sucks... air
Transmission
Manual
just today when i first started my truck to go somewhere, my clutch was messed up, instead of engaging with the pedal most of the way left out, the pedal was real easy to push and was engaging right off the floor. my dad told me to bleed it, so i did, it didnt gravity bleed the first time, i had my wife push the pedal like six times then hold it. after the first time bleeding it, i couldnt get the pedal to disengage at all. finally after the 5th time bleeding it i finally have a nice clutch pedal. it engages bout half way out now. it was worn to the point where it would squeal i little sometimes when pullin out. now it feels like a new clutch. after this how long could i expect to drive it before i need a new clutch and master cylinder?

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
It sounds like either your master or slave is bleeding past the seals ever so slightly. You are more than likely riding on bought time. figure out if its the slave or master that is seeping. If its your master you got lucky. If its your slave, start planning to take it to the mechanic or schedule a day/weekend to replace it all ( clutch, slave, master and resurface the flywheel).

Blueranger99

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l v6, k&n box filter- this thing sucks... air
Transmission
Manual
thanks. well im currently layed off, so i guess i oughta get it fixed before i go back to work since i drive 120 or so miles a day for work. also, since i bled the system the pedal squeaks when i push in the clutch. i guess that means that there's something wrong with the master cylinder. also i popped the dust cover off the bellhousing and didnt see any fluid in there, but it is a little hole to look through.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals