• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

clutch line

OneGoofyGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50x15
So here's the deal

The only thing stopping me driving my truck is my clutch it's not connected to the trans. I probably would have already replaced the slave cylinder and the clutch line but I don't have the funds for that so this is my money saver.

My clutch line is cut in 2 its a very hard plastic I went and got this brass barb and something to connect the both of them with. What I wanna know, is it possible to heat up both ends and shove the Barb's through clamp the line down over the barb with tiny house clamps to help keep it on it. Will it work what are yalls thoughts on this?

Much Appreciated.

Attachments

That.1.guy

Reaction score
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if you can get the barbed fitting in the hose you should be fine. Pressure in the line shouldn't be more than 200 psi, that is unless the slave decided to stick. mine has a worse fix that that.....

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Compression fittings may work better than a hose barb... I have one on my truck because I used an aftermarket slave cylinder for my V8 swap. I found some at the hardware store that were the perfect size, you just need two nuts, two rings and a union fitting.

OneGoofyGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50x15
I got the barb to work but it's just a tad bit hard to bleed

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals