• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Clutch Kits

84bluebronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So now that I have my new 1354M installed, I think I want to tear it out and do the clutch. I'm trying to do everything around the tranny but the guts themselves...

I've done the shift rail plugs, changing the fluid, and putting in the shift repair kit in hopes that I'll get smoother shifts. No grinding except for a touch going into reverse now and then.

Any recommendations for clutch kits (plate, disc, slave, pilot)?

Thanks, 84BB2 :icon_thumby:

PanamaExpat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 liter
Transmission
Manual
Can't go wrong with LUK. They make the OEM for many Fords and they make the aftermarket stuff for a lot of the resellers.

84bluebronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know that I want LUK brand, but trying to see if anyone has found a reliable source for them. Thanks Panama!

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
spend some time googling to get the best deal. IIRC, I got the LUK rep set from US Auto parts

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
If you have a Transtar nearby, they sell Luk as well.

84bluebronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
spend some time googling to get the best deal. IIRC, I got the LUK rep set from US Auto parts
Google scares me a bit lol. There seem to be about 5000 different ones out there...

84bluebronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you have a Transtar nearby, they sell Luk as well.
nearest Transtar is about 80 miles from me... :annoyed:

Anyone have any luck with a kit from Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts, or Napa? Those are the three big chains near my house.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
nearest Transtar is about 80 miles from me... :annoyed:

Anyone have any luck with a kit from Auto Zone, Advance Auto Parts, or Napa? Those are the three big chains near my house.
The Duralast kits I've seen are made by Valeo. They are also an OEM supplier. I have a Motorsport King Cobra clutch in my Mustang that says Valeo on the pressure plate and disc both. And lets just say it's been abused and it's tolerated it well... :D

Last edited:

hank857

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yes I have the auto zone kit, the slave cyl also. Both have lifetime replacement on them. I put one in and about 50K later the OD went out, so I pulled the trans to have it rebuilt and was gonna replace the clutch disk, the guy at AZ said why, just bring it back in and they will change out the whole setup! So I did. Over 150000 on it now still works. Had replaced the slave with a name brand and it went out within 40K I think it was. So went with AZ one and its free replacement! They seem to stand behinf=d their warranties, so if you need one they are a good source of supply.

wr250rdr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm with hank on this one, I have the full kit from az and am happy with it, I have about 20k on it and haven't had an issue.
As for their warranty policy it doesn't make much sense to me. When it came time to do breaks I went and got the dura last gold pads that come with a life time warranty... I have exchanged 2 pairs so far without any problem. Not quite sure what they were thinking offering break pads with a life time warranty

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Not quite sure what they were thinking offering break pads with a life time warranty
Because when you're rotor, caliper, bearings, etc. go out - you'll probably be there exchanging pads too.... and most likely buy the stuff there.

84bluebronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
A close friend of mine has good luck with the AZ set and warranties... I may have to try that one.

Thanks! :D

colby450xc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Because when you're rotor, caliper, bearings, etc. go out - you'll probably be there exchanging pads too.... and most likely buy the stuff there.
And a lot of people lose their receipt anyway...I dunno their policy but most require the receipt.

hank857

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
AZ is just about totally computerized, receipts really dont need to be kept anymore. When working on my truck this summer they gave me a copy of all warranty items I have with them for it, when I took the water pump took it back no questions asked, same with checkers/orielly. The reason they will give a lifetime is that most people DO NOT keep vehicles long enough for them to worry about the products being warrantied! There are just too many that buy to fix something then sell it or trade. Actually its a good gimmick, except for guys like us who take advantage of the system for our benefit.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals