• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

cluster pin out on a 88 ford ranger

choklos88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
im looking for a pin out for a cluster wiring on my 88 ford ranger 2wd. i cant seem to find any information or diagrams for this year
i am replacing my cluster with a tach built in cluster of another ranger. there is a post on here although it looks straight forward i need to have the exact pin placemnets.

4x4prepper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
If you remove the dashboard, if you look at the PCB, you can see which colored wire feeds which gauge, from the square connector. I doubt the actual pin out from 1984-1988 would change from tach to tach-less, though you might be missing some wires in the connector. The only wire you probably would have to add would be the (-) wire from the coil. FWIW: I recently replaced all my 194 bulbs with LED 194 bulbs, made a big difference at night.

Same deal with Ford headlamp switches, many times all you have to do is add the wire into the harness, as the male tab is already there under the harness connector. The difference between reg. and heavy duty headlamp switches is the higher rated 35 (?) amp relay inside the switch. The connector itself and wire placement is the same.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals