• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cliffs Run?

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
Anyone up for a Cliffs run in October/November sometime?

I'm game as long as I haven't sold the Ranger. Otherwise, it'll be a while before I get the Chevy project done....

Redjosh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 and 2008
Make / Model
dodge
Transmission
Manual
you should make a run up here man and play with the big boys haha

if i have my truck back together i would be up for a hangover run on new years some where down that way that is not a size nazi

dabomb5756

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm definitly in for a run over my thanksgiving break. Sometime between Nov 16 - 25.
I am most likely going to badlands.
I will prolly meet the guys from chubfest from ohio and michigan. They were all firefighters and cool as hell. They had some nice rigs that can definitly keep up too.

Here are some teasers to get you away from the mud pit known as cliffs.

check profile link for more of it

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I won't be doing too much over this winter. next time I get a break from school/work I'm gonna check darst to see if I can find a 1350. there's a guy on pirate sellin a plate/clocking plate (every 6*) with a one piece chromo shaft for the 1350/54 doubler. hopefully I can collect parts and be ready to rock this spring with 2.48 times the crawl ratio

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
hey bray d what 1350 do you need? i have a spare e case and a manual pm me

bradz71

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988 BII
Transmission
Automatic
I'm planning on having the BII done around Thanksgiving time. I hope to be done with harvest around Halloween, and fieldwork done two weeks after.

I don't have much to finish on the BII, and I have all my parts, its just a matter of putting a few more hours in to get it done.

dabomb5756

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Trip to brads to build his rig, anyone?

bradz71

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988 BII
Transmission
Automatic
Free beer....

nice heated shop.....

michowski

Reaction score
johnny il be hitting up badlands towards the end of the year. I wasnt to thrilled with cliffs. Seemed just like any forest preserve except this one cost you 22 to get in. Wasnt maintaned and really run down. Id consider going if we could get some board members to go but thats about it.

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
I'm going to go to The Cliffs. I've been there before, had a decent time and can get there in just over an hour. If you want to go to Badlands, be my guest. My parents don't subsidize my wheeling hobby, so the ability to drive an hour, wheel most of the day and drive an hour home greatly outweighs driving 2-3 hrs, wheeling, camping a night or two and driving 2-3hrs home. See my point?

I just wanted to make a quick trip before winter sets in and I cut up the Ranger.

dabomb5756

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm going to go to The Cliffs. I've been there before, had a decent time and can get there in just over an hour. If you want to go to Badlands, be my guest. My parents don't subsidize my wheeling hobby, so the ability to drive an hour, wheel most of the day and drive an hour home greatly outweighs driving 2-3 hrs, wheeling, camping a night or two and driving 2-3hrs home. See my point?

I just wanted to make a quick trip before winter sets in and I cut up the Ranger.
Whoa? Parents, Subsidize, wheeling? I dont think so, my dad lends me his truck and thats it. Fuel, trailer, samurai, fees, food, whatever is on me. :nopityA:

And thats fine if you want to go to cliffs again and have a 'decent' time, i was inviting you (and everyone with a capable rig here) to badlands to wheel with the ohio guys and myself.

But, i have been to cliffs 3 times, rockport twice, and i'm just going to say that there is a reason i spend more money and more time to wheel in indiana. So i'm planning on a great time. :thefinger:

Dangeranger3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Free beer....

nice heated shop.....
I'll help out if someones goin and I can get a ride. I know I haven't met any of you, but it would be nice to know who's givin me some of this helpful info... and who can turn down free labor?

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
Whoa? Parents, Subsidize, wheeling? I dont think so, my dad lends me his truck and thats it. Fuel, trailer, samurai, fees, food, whatever is on me.
Whatever helps you sleep at night bud. :annoyed:

Redjosh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 and 2008
Make / Model
dodge
Transmission
Manual
you lil guys sure touchy

whats the big deal if it is 3 hours and not 1.5 hours its on a trailer drive up and back all you have is fees and gas lilbit in food what i am geussing 200 bucks total and that is probly on the high side

i just hauled my truck 2 hours back roads to run a bog then pulled 2 hours to get home just to run my truck for 7 hours it cost me 90 in feul(still have half a tank) 20 snack/beer 20 to run 40 at the parts store for a another front driveshaft so its not that expensive to run a day trip

i still want to do a hangover run i should have my d60 in and body work done by then

bradz71

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988 BII
Transmission
Automatic
you lil guys sure touchy

whats the big deal if it is 3 hours and not 1.5 hours its on a trailer drive up and back all you have is fees and gas lilbit in food what i am geussing 200 bucks total and that is probly on the high side

i just hauled my truck 2 hours back roads to run a bog then pulled 2 hours to get home just to run my truck for 7 hours it cost me 90 in feul(still have half a tank) 20 snack/beer 20 to run 40 at the parts store for a another front driveshaft so its not that expensive to run a day trip

i still want to do a hangover run i should have my d60 in and body work done by then
Good point---you know John, had you bought a Duramax, you'd get much better mileage and be able to afford to haul your rig the long haul!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals