• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

chop top project

will.moyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Automatic
ok ive seen it but i dont know how to do it and ive looked though the search but found nothing,

i want to chop my b2 top ether all the way or up to the front seats. i know you can put a jeep roll cage or bars in but i was wondering about the top how can i fabricate it to put a jeep soft or hard top in ive seen i just never asked the guy so could somebody explain this?

CurtisP87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Some people get a second donor BII, chop both tops off, and use the donor to make a removable hard top.

If you wanted a soft top, you're only real option is to go to a place that makes boat covers, and talk to em about what you want. They could surely fab something up for you that will fit better than trying to slap a jeep top on it.

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
jeep cages are much, much taller than the inside of a BII by about 7", and about 1" wider

also the cargo area of a jeep is near nonexistent, so it doesn't really line up with the size of the truck either

i'm not saying you can't, i'm saying if you tried putting a jeep cage in you will need to cut/re-weld it a lot to make it work. At that point you might as well build a cage that is correct

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals