• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

chip question for a 2.5l

remington115

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.5l
Transmission
Manual
so i swaped a 2000 2.5l into my 96 ranger that had a 2.3l but it has the wirring harness from the 2.3l.so i want to get a chip for it so do i get the one for a 96 or a 2000? will it even work with the different harness and engine? is it even worth it?

locovaca

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, "worth it" is an entirely different discussion. But I'd think you'd go with the chip that matches the computer you have. If you didn't swap the harness then I guess you'd have a 2.3 computer, so that's probably the chip you want to buy.

4b316

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
We used a chip when we was racing and I didn't like it.The line I was running was the 2nd lane and just didn't seem to do anything for the money.The guy I sold the truck to,runs a different line,on the bottom of the track and he likes the way it pulls better than stock off the corners.He probably runs 4500-4800 in the corner and I was running 5300-55 up on the top.I guess it just depends on where you are going to run it.But,yes,get the one for the putor year you are useing

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals