• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Chip for a 2.5L

irishfan84n

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Does anyone know how to get more power out of a 2.5L, possibly a chip or exhaust or something I can do so I don't have to swap out the engine???
Please help!!!!!

irishfan84n

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Please if anyone knows anything that would give me a little more boost weather it be nos or whatever?? Please help!!!

Shamus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Your greatest limitation is the size of your engine, but you know that. Check out a K&N cold air induction system, p/n 57-2540; it adds 6.5 hp. A free flowing exhaust is probably your best bang for the buck. Headers really won't give you much except at max rpm. Find a small Magnaflow, use 2.25 MAXIMUM piping (have a shop do it). Together, these will give you all you are likely to get out of this engine. Luck!

Last edited:

R.L.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I would say Shamus has covered the first bases, and I'm not really sure what you're gains would be but a cam swap larger fuel injectors adjustable fuel pump and an chip/ computer reprogram would up it a little, by how much and if that would be worth the cost I'm not sure. I know back in the day Chevy 4s were modded and they claimed good results. I see no reason why a Ford couldn't be modded as well but bare in mind that was for a specific class of racer. I'm not at all sure that in the long run a V-6 swap wouldn't be more cost efficient and be more durable.
Look in to it there is a cool factor in having something different. Get with the tec support at Summit racing.

remington115

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.5l
Transmission
Manual
this has been gone over many times, the best bang or your buck is a turbo or a v8 swap. you cant polish a turd unless you have a lot of money. search turbo

irishfan84n

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks for the help everyone!!! I will think about what i should do!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad