• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Chevy Leaf Swap Tweaking Questions.

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Alright folks, I did my chevy leaf swap after i finished the front 4" superlift. It looks like i lifted it a bit too much....:icon_twisted: These leafs are soupy! :icon_hornsup: I can hop on the back of the truck and it will go up and down like a foot, its awesome. ANYWAYS, i am running belltech extended shackles (ebay equivalent same thing) the stock block and the chevy pack minus the overload so i'm running 3 chevy leafs. Do you guys think the weight of the bed and deleting the stock block will level it out going by this picture? Its raked pretty darn bad as you can see. Also, the overall lift should be around 3-4 inches in the back so a 4inch lift shock like i'm going to run in the front should work nicely right? The old shocks actually limited my downtravel when i had the tires off playing around with the suspension. Here is a pic of what the truck sits like with the bed off sittin on the meats.

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Well i took the rear lift blocks out today and it sits a little bit lower in the back... I still would like to get it an inch lower if i could and the only way i could see doing that is buy getting stock ranger shackles and that would probably hurt my rear suspension travel so i think i will keep it with this slight 1 inch rake and maybe change something in the future if i dont like it i think.

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
If the box is still off, wait until you get it back to 'road' weight before messing with it anymore. Dealing with soft springs you need to know what kinda weight's your working with before making adjustments or else your height changes will be out to lunch.

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
If the box is still off, wait until you get it back to 'road' weight before messing with it anymore. Dealing with soft springs you need to know what kinda weight's your working with before making adjustments or else your height changes will be out to lunch.
I put 140 lbs of sandbags on the back and a girlfriend to return it to its "road weight" I'm pretty happy with how its sitting now... I think :icon_twisted:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals