• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

For Sale Checking Interest 1999 OHV 4L & AT

Drw0392

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Checking Interest:
I’m considering selling the OHV 4L (including ECM) and automatic transmission out of my 1999 4x4. The engine/tranny has about 90K on it. It runs great, has lots of power and incredible torque. I have meticulously maintained this engine. I changed the oil every 2.5-3K miles, regularly cleaned the MAF with the appropriate MAF cleaner, and changed the air filter 3-4x per year. Regular maintenance performed professionally. Most recently, the spark plugs and thermostat were replaced to keep it performing optimally. I ran Lucas fuel system cleaner after every oil change, never ran my truck below a 1/4 of gas. My truck just passed smog with flying colors (in CA, where smog is super strict). The transmission shifts smoothly and the fluid was changed when recommended by Valvoline Instant Oil Change garage. I recently took my truck into the transmission shop for a check up and it was given a clean bill of health.

The engine will include all of the belt driven accessories (AC, alternator, etc). ***A handheld Accel SuperTuner will be included with the engine, ECM, and transmission.

The only reason I am considering selling it is that I am thinking of putting in a supercharged SOHC 4L. Asking $1000 (willing to ship- buyer responsible for shipping costs). ***I will post pictures tomorrow).

if interested, please post a reply and send me a PM.

ThatOneGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1983 1993
Make / Model
Ranger Explorer
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Explorer is 4.0 ranger is 2.3 soon to be 4.0
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75/15
My credo
Let the universe take you where it will !!!
If this is still available what would you want for just the engine

Drw0392

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
If this is still available what would you want for just the engine
Sorry, I just got this message. For some reason I wasn’t notified when you posted. I’m located in Northern CA, are talking about picking it up, or getting it shipped?

ThatOneGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1983 1993
Make / Model
Ranger Explorer
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Explorer is 4.0 ranger is 2.3 soon to be 4.0
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75/15
My credo
Let the universe take you where it will !!!
Just trying to see if i have other options than rebuilding mine, depending on what you would want for engine it could be more affordable to drive.

Drw0392

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
How about $500 for the long block (including all belt driven assemblies) and CPU. I'd do the engine and tranny for $750 (for local pick-up). It still runs strong and smooth- in addition it just passed CA emissions testing well within the limits.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals