• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Check out my new toy :) One of the biggest street rangers ive ever seen...

Ranger4banger97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Alright, well my white ranger finally decided to die after 320,000 long miles. I retired that truck (parting if you need anything) and picked up this one. I'll be the first to admit it, yes...i bought this one already done. I built my white one from the ground up, so i decided to treat myself to something new. Its a 1994 Ext. cab ranger with an automatic 4.0. Its 4wd with a 8.8 rear (unknown gearing). Its got a skyjacker 8 inch suspension lift with a james duff 3 inch body lift, manual locking Warn hubs, all sitting on Hankook dynapro 35" tires with ProComp wheels. I've only taken it offroad twice, both times stuff broke. Such as the first time when i grenaded a hub and popped the right spring out of the coil bucket. And the second time, the coil popped again. So in order for me to use this offroad and actually enjoy it, i need to weld a J-bracket to the bucket and the spring to hold it in...Here are a few pics i got tonight, i'll get more tomorrow. If you got any ?'s, throw em at me.

gertsdsbs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 v6
Transmission
Manual
Meh. Seen bigger.

THATS WHAT SHE SAID!

Thats a nice ranger get some daylight pics.

'95 ranger

09/2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1989, 200
Make / Model
Subaru, FORD
Engine Size
2.5, 2.3, 4.OH
Transmission
Manual
are you going to sas it?

Ranger4banger97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Yeaa I'm gonna get some more pics tomorrow afternoon.
And I would loveeee to SAS it, but that's bigg $$ that I just do not have at the moment. Right now I'm lookin at a tire bill for this thing lol

Rangerman4158

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nice truck I like the 2 tone paint

kennykenny

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Wow, that thing really travels...I'm in South Jersey and that truck was around here for quite a while. I believe it was built by a kid in Tuckerton and it switched hands around me a few times. Have you gotten a carfax on it? It'd be interesting to see if it's the same truck I think it is.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
dump the body lift (please for the love of Rangers everywhere) build longer arms and forget the SAS (who needs one on a TTB truck anyways)

looks good...... cept for the body lift

IlovemybroncII

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Chev
For
Engine Size
350/2.9/2.9
Transmission
Automatic

GB4000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
HAHA I live in Jersey an have seen that truck around. I was actually considering buying it out of autoshopper about a year and a half ago.

Chance

RIP - 10/7/2010
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
forget the SAS (who needs one on a TTB truck anyways)
why do you say that? the ttb with never flex like a solid axle and a sas on a ttb truck is pretty damn easy

Chance

RIP - 10/7/2010
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
why do you say that? the ttb with never flex like a solid axle and a sas on a ttb truck is pretty damn easy
No it won't and yes it will. Depends on how you tune it.

It is really an argument as worthless as masturbation. Except no one feels good in the end.

You can set up ttb really good, and you can set up solid axles really good. I've seen my sla flex more than a solid axle truck, and I've seen ttb do crazy things. And I've seen a crazy ass rock crawler with ifs. And of course solid axled rigs can flex like crazy when set up right.

With enough effort and planning, any form of suspension can work extremely well, or extremely poor if done wrong.

*edit, I couldn't find it but there's a write up on flexing out ttb and had a pic of somones truck on a rock and the 35 was acting just like a solid axle.

Downey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah i understand but it cost a hell of alot more to set up a ttb than a solid axle

Chance

RIP - 10/7/2010
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
nnnnnnoooooooooooooo.....
Well, yes as in terms of your time but... solid axles are expensive too. Trust me I got two sitting in my barn wanting to go in my truck somehow (then again I have the curse of the 98+ ranger). There are cheap ways to get them to flex out but I would not say that ttb would be more expensive than a sas. The costs add up quickly on you.

My buddies ttb truck has about half as much into it as I do into my parts gathering for my truck. And he's got everything ready to bolt up... just need to finish wiring in the 4ooohhhh. Granted we still need to extend the radius arms a lil more and we'll pry spend alot of time playing with different coils, but cost wise that's not going to be any more than say... oh the extended radius arms and coils for my truck. And I don't expect to outperform his truck at all... in fact his is going to be finished before mine.

But, again, it's a worthless arguement because there are cheap ways to do both, and expensive ways to do both.

Just trying to present an unbiased view.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
yeah i understand but it cost a hell of alot more to set up a ttb than a solid axle
are you a retard?

Ask 4x4 Junkie what it cost him to get 21" of travel out of his B2.

if it was a matter of doing an SAS to a SLA truck I would have no problem, and there are some people that need something stronger than a D44 so an SAS with a 60 would be to their benefit. but swapping a straight axle just because you don't understand TTB ........... again .... are you a retard?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals