• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

cheapest option for new tires and wheels

mrgrtt123

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
The OP did not mention how much he wants to spend on wheels and tires. He needs something cheap that is what he said. In my opinion, it's not a great idea to purchase cheap wheels and tires especially if he will use the Ranger for an off-road adventure.

Moving on, Nitto Ridge Grappler and Falken Wild Peak AT3WS are some of the best alternatives to BFG KO2.

Last edited:

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Just buy some Chinese tires off ebay.

I got 4- 30x9.5 Achilles mud terrains shipped for my 2010 for 370$. Comparing tire wear to how many miles I drove that truck before selling it... they would of lasted about 30k miles.

For my '21 I got 4 kenda klever m/t's in 255/75/17 off ebay shipped for 570$. 50k mile warranty on those. While kenda isn't exactly a well known automotive tire manufacturer, they really know their stuff when it comes to powersports tires and such. I'm extremely happy with them so far. Wouldn't hesitate to buy again.
I want to, but I'm not going to comment make a snide comment on the chinese tires. I've actually read good reviews on some of them, guess it largely depends on what you expect and are using them for.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'd never buy or use a tire marketed under the name Achilles. I don't care how good of a tire is is, that's like tempting fate.

Moving on, Nitto Ridge Grappler and Falken Wild Peak AT3WS are some of the best alternatives to BFG KO2.
I'll add another vote for the A/T3W. Don't know how the compare or performance wise to the BFG KO2, since I haven't bought tires in a few years and never ran the KO2 at all. I have had the A/T3W on three trucks now. Two sets (A/T and A/T3W) on my 99 Ranger, a set on my 68 F-100, and the F-250 I just got came with a set. I picked up a stick in the side wall of the first set on the Ranger right about time to replace them, other than that they've done great. I think any A/T tire would have had the same results from the stick in a sidewall.

Rimjam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Health is wealth
If you buy a set of tires online & have them shipped how the heck do you handle a warranty claim?

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
If you buy a set of tires online & have them shipped how the heck do you handle a warranty claim?
You'd have to read the info from the seller. In most cases, I believe the warranty for the tires is from the manufacturer. So almost any tire shop, or at least the ones that handle that brand should be able to process a warranty issue.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
pep boys usually has a buy 3, get one free deal going. that's how i got the coopers for my full size truck. (and they ordered the wrong size so they upgraded me to 34s in 10 ply for the cost of 33s in 6 ply so it was a heck of a deal)

SenorNoob

TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5" Front + 4" Rear
Tire Size
245-70-R16
I've gotta recommend Kendas myself.
Been using them on cars for awhile now. Never had anything to complain about.
The Klever AT is pretty aggressive for an AT. It looks like an MT pattern. Drives like one too. Cheap though at $450 out the door for 4.

Edit: Note this is a "small" 245-75-16 though.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals