• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cheap ass lift shocks

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Does anyone know if there are any shocks from a stock application that will work on my B2 with 4" susp lift? i got the complete lift, all I need now is shocks. wondering if i can get any from some kind of stock rig so i wont have to pay a shit load for some. i could care less if i even have shocks, i just need something on there to pass inspection when i get her licensed next week.
Or if someone know what length they need to be, that would be great too.
thanks

nine-teen91stxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991, 1977
Make / Model
Ford, Ford
Engine Size
245 cid of fury, 6.6l
Transmission
Manual
just measure from shock mount to shock mount and call around... i think

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
You need to get the right shocks for the lift. My advice is to go to a 4x4 shop and ask them. They can do the measuring for you. That is what I did and I let them tell me the length of shocks I needed. I went to 4Wheel Parts and they even mounted the shocks they ordered for me for free!!! I liked that!!!

fix_or_repair_daily

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Chevy,Satu
Engine Size
2.3, 5.7, 1.9
Transmission
Manual
You can get rough country shocks made for your size lift on ebay for areound $120 for all 4. About the same price for decent quality stock shocks from the parts store. I had them on my B2 and I had no complaints about them.

Josh

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Does anyone know if there are any shocks from a stock application that will work on my B2 with 4" susp lift? i got the complete lift, all I need now is shocks. wondering if i can get any from some kind of stock rig so i wont have to pay a shit load for some. i could care less if i even have shocks, i just need something on there to pass inspection when i get her licensed next week.
Or if someone know what length they need to be, that would be great too.
thanks
Just go to Summit or wherever and pull up a 4" lift shock for a BII and look under applications to see what else it fits. It is amazing the things a stock 4wd Ranger shock will fit.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals