• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Chattanooga, TN

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
I'll be in Chattanooga, TN October 5-7 on business. Obviously, we'll only be occupied until mid evening with meetings and dinner, so what kinds of things are there to do at night? I need to do some research to see what kinds of things there are in Chattanooga, but I was looking for some suggestions from some of the "locals"

Thanks guys!

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Whatever you do, stay downtown and don't stray too far. Chatt is the new Atlanta if you catch my drift. Lots of good hangouts around the aquarium area depending on what you like but don't wander off unless you got a CCP.

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
After another look, it seems that we're actually going to be staying on Ft Payne, AL. Any comments?

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
I made it out just fine ;)

We did end up going to Chattanooga for dinner on Wednesday night. Ate at Big River Grill or something like that, sat outside and the whole downtown atmosphere was pretty neat.

We actually stayed in Fort Payne, AL, a quiet little town, but neat nonetheless.

nitrofan1

Man without a Ranger
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
EJ251
Transmission
Automatic
Whatever you do, stay downtown and don't stray too far. Chatt is the new Atlanta if you catch my drift. Lots of good hangouts around the aquarium area depending on what you like but don't wander off unless you got a CCP.
The new Atlanta?

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, in case you haven't read the lastest news report, Chattanooga is #10 in the nation for crime. There is a street where you have a 1 in 9 chance of getting robbed. More than Compton, Detroit, Memphis, Atlanta and other well known cities with high crime rates.

I've also had many firends that attended UTC and I've stayed there my fair share. Gotta watch your back when you're out and about.

nitrofan1

Man without a Ranger
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
EJ251
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not gonna dis you for this view. All cities have crime, some more than others. If you research your statement Chattanooga isn't in any top 10 list on any site for crime on Google and I've gone 10 pages down. This list shows Oak Ridge is right there for crime along with Chattanooga. Both rate a 4 out of 10 for crime. The advantage you have is a smaller population.

http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/?city1=54714000&city2=54755120

Even Knoxville is the same and they are right next to you.

http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/?city1=54714000&city2=54740000

I'm proud of Choo Choo city.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals