• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Changing my Truck around.. need advice..

94on35zz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
Well my trucks in my sig its the trail rig. 94 4x4 excab with 3inch body and 4inch suspention lift.. Well i run 35's and dont wanna go any bigger or smaller but I wanna ditch all 3inchs of the body lift or at least 2 of it.. but I wanna keep the truck the same hieght. I have 4 inch lift coils in it and the rear is all blocks...Now heres what I wanna do. see if this makes any sense..

Front:
Replace the 4inch coil with a 6.5 coil from a skyjacker
Install Extended Radius arms
2inch Coil spacer in front
Steering stablizer

Rear:
Replace the stock leaf with explorer leafs with AAL's,
Daystar 1.5 inch lift shackels.
And a 2inch block.

Will get it done? I dont have $$$$ <alot of it ... soo Im building it for cheap but I want a setup that works... COmplexxx tell me what you did.. you truck is were I wanna be and your close to me! Help me fix it haha

tanbuddy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
u want to keep the toatal lift at 7 inchs and ditch the bodylift?
Cheapest would be 2 inch spacers in the front, maybe for free if u have some big washers layin around. For the rear just get a add a leaf and put it in your leaf pack now, a good one is 70 bucks or so, OR do the shackle with the stock springs that would flex teh best. Get an alignment and u shoud be good if your shocks and pitman arm are long enough.

Last edited:

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
You'll need a longer pitman arm for sure (or a steering conversion) if you go that much higher on the suspension.

IIRC, Compleckz runs 8" SJ coils on a 6" lift, and had some issues to work out (the steering geometry issues, and clearance for the RH axleshaft running through the beam), chances are you'll need to do the same on yours as well.

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I'd use the 6in coils. You'll need SJ's extreme drop pitman arm or...... a k-link steering conversion as Junkie metioned.

At that height TTB becomes touchy and is pretty much pointless after that. Metalmacguyver just tried the 8" coils also. He's gonna need that extreme drop arm to get anywhere close to ok. 6" coils would be just about level with the extreme drop pitman arm.

As for the rear, you could use the belltech chevy lowering shackles. They may be alot beefier. Haven't heard much on the daystars.... Repacked exploder leafs would be alright. Just as long as you get rid of those stacked blocks!

If all else fails, a good fender trimming would work.....along with some pacesetter fender flare.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals