• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cell Phone law?

reno

Reaction score
Is this National? or just local cities that have picked it up? I live in Florida and still see a bunch of people talking and driving, just wondering when the crack down begins.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
law is here in newfoundland, pretty sure everywhere in Canada

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
No, there is no national cell phone law. Traffic laws are generally state and local.

A number of states have hands-free laws these days.

reno

Reaction score
Is there a site we can goto to see if our state\county has an ordinance for this law?

Simple_serf

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
NY has a statewide ban on handeheld phones. It doesn't apply to CB, Ham, or other two way handheld radio.

Around here the police only enforce it when there is another violation. Just like the seatbelt law.

kaskirov

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Quebec has a handheld phone law also. They started handing out tickets for it on the first of this month.

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
not in alberta, and i'm pretty sure not in bc either. cant say for the rest of canada
Correct, Alberta and BC both allow cell phones, and the ever-so-intelligent Alberta Government has said that talking on a cell phone is not a distraction when driving, BS in my opinion. If you've seen the "Mythbusters" episode where they were test driving a car in a controlled test track in controlled conditions, they were testing with no alcohol and no cell phone, talking on a cell phone, and then then they were just under the legal limit, and they drove better when "drunk" then when they were talking on a cell phone. I'm 100% for the banning of cell phones, I think they're a waste of time and money, and about 95% of the people who have them, don't need them.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals