• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ceap lift

dangerranger94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im wanting to put 35's under my 94 ranger 4.0 ext cab 5 speed 4x4. what all will have to be done and what gears wiould i have to run? im on a tight budget. i will do all the work myself.

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
F150 springs and coil spacers in front, drop shackels, lift blocks, and exploder springs in rear. Or a body lift. Oh and I think you you meant to say "Cheap"? LOL

Last edited:

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
To fit 35s you may be able to get by with just a 6" kit but i doubt you'll have much flex before stuffing a tire if you wheel the truck. I have a leveled 6"kit and 3"bodylift and I'm running 37s but then again I don't wheel my truck. And gears, most say nothing less than 4.56 with 35s.

If you're on a budget be patient and keep you eyes on craigslist and here in the classifieds. I scored a set of 64"chevy leaves, beltech 6400 shackles, Superlift Superrunner steering, drop pitman arm, and a 6" Skyjacker classII lift complete with extended arms, stainless brake lines for less than $500combined. Heck of a deal! Keep in mind though it took me about 6months of living on classified sites to acquire all of it.

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
To fit 35s you may be able to get by with just a 6" kit but i doubt you'll have much flex before stuffing a tire if you wheel the truck. I have a leveled 6"kit and 3"bodylift and I'm running 37s but then again I don't wheel my truck. And gears, most say nothing less than 4.56 with 35s.

If you're on a budget be patient and keep you eyes on craigslist and here in the classifieds. I scored a set of 64"chevy leaves, beltech 6400 shackles, Superlift Superrunner steering, drop pitman arm, and a 6" Skyjacker classII lift complete with extended arms, stainless brake lines for less than $500combined. Heck of a deal! Keep in mind though it took me about 6months of living on classified sites to acquire all of it.
And why don't you wheel?:icon_confused:

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Here is the best deal on a lift I was able to find. Either way, you'll be paying about the same, so I would do it right, and lift your suspension. This is the one I'll be getting next month.

http://www.allliftkits.com/5384.html

dangerranger94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
thanks guys. and i cant type that well. what bout tires whats a good cheap 35 15.50 15 tire. and what offset should i want. i want the tires to stick out bout 3or 4 inches.

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
And why don't you wheel?:icon_confused:
I would "wheel" it but most wheeling here consists of playing in holes filled with red clay. IMO the truck is just too nice and the red clay here is a PITA to clean off:annoyed: I'm building the truck to be a semi-functional decent looking truck; essentially a glorified street queen:icon_rofl:

Don't get me wrong though I do take it offroad and use the truck, I just dont don't do anything extreme with it or involving mud. The jeep on the other hand catches hell:D

-End Thread Jack-:icon_thumby:

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Offset has nothing to do with tires, just wheels. R1hatman hit it on the nose for cheap, 'safe' lift. that will get you about 4-5 inches. Chris is about right with the gearing, go to the tech library and check out the chart for gear/tire sizes.

Im runnin 31's with 3.55's and apparently im not within range of the chart. So when i install my 33's ill be way off. But it will run just fine, I ran my mustang with 19" wheels and 2.73 gears. and it did fine. Sure wasnt an allstar but it ran. If your just mallcrawlin, 3.73-4.11's for 35's and your truck will survive, no showing off, just survive.

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Here is the best deal on a lift I was able to find. Either way, you'll be paying about the same, so I would do it right, and lift your suspension. This is the one I'll be getting next month.

http://www.allliftkits.com/5384.html
Keep in mind that's not a full kit, it only has bumpstops, brackets, and sway bar links. The picture that the site posted up is deceiving. Here is the same kit for MUCH cheaper on summit: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SJA-236R2S/

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i'd still do the body lift. only 'bout $100 at most. and when it's done, it will give you more room underneath when working on the suspension. using a 4 inch suspension lift with the bl should get you to 35 inch tires and still be able to get it aligned with less problems.
as for gears, as yours is a dd and weekend trail rig, i'd do the 5.13's that way you could still use 5th gear and cc more easily on the freeway. 4.56 gears would work, but you'd just have to learn how to get the most out of them.
tires just are not cheap unless you get lucky here in the classified forum, craig's list, or something like that buying them used. good luck with your build.

oh, and Welcome to TRS !!!!

dangerranger94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
thanks i need to get cab mounts anyway so and i found 4in pretty cheap. i think thats what il do. i need new leaf springs. should i get the beltech 6400's with the new springs?

strvger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
^^ that would be a good plan for the springs. if you can find 16 inch wheels for cheap, that would give you lots more options for tires, imho.
and for cheap tires you might try here: http://www.treadwright.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=240&tabindex=1

excellent tires. been running the at's myself for 4+ years, tens of thousands of miles including several long trips, and still have 70+ % TREAD LEFT.

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Last edited:

dangerranger94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
nice tires and thanks for the info.yea 16's would be nice. what offset on the rims should i want?

strvger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
mine is a 1st gen but i got nice wheels from a 2005 and put them right on. you are wanting tires much larger than mine, so i'll have to defer to others that are running that size tire to help you with off set and back spacing. good luck and don't forget to take pics and post them up here as you work thru your build.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals