• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

carbs and tfi never mix!!!

wildbill23c

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
Ill keep that in mind, the holley comes with a manual and they sell an add on electric ill try it out and see how well it works, and if need be il go manual if i must.
It seemed like on my 84 Ranger when the electric choke did work, it never really worked right even after the shop adjusted it. I just unhooked it and removed it after getting fed up with the poor fuel economy when it would decide to not work. My Bronco 2 I just have the butterfly tied open and the choke assembly is sitting in my shop.

Lil-Pony

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Take a Guess
Engine Size
2.8 soon to be 4bt
Transmission
Automatic
right now it sounds like i have a faulty tfi module on my bronco, it stalls and wont start after its really warmed up, this is the third one in 3 years.
thanks for all yalls help so far, my friends saying that its my gas cap??? but im pretty sure its the tfi, any ways I can drive for ever on the high way but as soon as I get off it spotters and dies:annoyed:, and if I shut her down to do stuff, then start her back up she will sometimes die or un funny, like a loss in power big time then the rpms will dip sporadically, no matter how I deal with the gas pedal, till she stalls:annoyed:.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad