• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Can you be misdiagnosed with Diabetes?

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'm a total whole wheat person but every day it seems the "whole wheat" gets lighter and lighter.
In fact about everything keeps getting watered down or "blended"

Last edited:

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
I was also told like salads, whole wheat goes through quicker. In other words you are sitting on the toilet more often. I guess it doesn't stay long enough to create the havoc that white bread does.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Salads are roughage anyway, drop a cup of ranch dressing on there and head for the can

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
It depends on what is in the salad. Iceberg lettuce? Cardboard might have more nutritional value. There are much better types of lettuce you can choose that taste decent and not end up with kale, which gets you back to cardboard but on the otherside.

Very true on the roughage though. It helps clean out the gunk stuck in there and makes your gut more efficient.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
I spend 1/2 my life on the porcelian pony anyways.

Rangebinder

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Binder
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
My credo
School of Hard knocks everyday is a lesson
On bread rember back when a loaf of bread would start to mold if didn’t eat it in a week, I guess if you eat anything and you like it eat in moderation can’t be good for you. I struggle with that.

ekrampitzjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
On bread rember back when a loaf of bread would start to mold if didn’t eat it in a week, I guess if you eat anything and you like it eat in moderation can’t be good for you. I struggle with that.
The mold problem is the reason I keep the whole-wheat bread in the refrigerator. Chilling retards molding. Whole-wheat will start to mold faster than white bread.

Some people freeze loaves of bread because they like to buy in bulk. My mom used to do this. In my experience the bread (white or other) isn't very good after thawing, so I don't freeze any.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The mold problem is the reason I keep the whole-wheat bread in the refrigerator. Chilling retards molding. Whole-wheat will start to mold faster than white bread.

Some people freeze loaves of bread because they like to buy in bulk. My mom used to do this. In my experience the bread (white or other) isn't very good after thawing, so I don't freeze any.
My wife makes it batches and we freeze it. Just polished off a loaf of swedish rye from a batch she made for Christmas yesterday at lunch. Not as good as fresh but still pretty dang good. I think I got three more loaves to go yet.

If you are going to run it thru the toaster I don't think it matters much fresh vs frozen.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I know what you’re going through Rusty.
Back in April I spent a few days in the hospital while they tried to get my blood sugar down. I was feeling weak, run down, and dehydrated. By the time I went to get checked out, my blood sugar was at 905 and my A1C was 15.6.
With a little diet change (stop drinking soda and sweet tea mostly), Metformin, I my A1C has been 5.6 since Sept and I haven’t seen a blood sugar reading over 110… even after eating too much pasta.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
I know what you’re going through Rusty.
Back in April I spent a few days in the hospital while they tried to get my blood sugar down. I was feeling weak, run down, and dehydrated. By the time I went to get checked out, my blood sugar was at 905 and my A1C was 15.6.
With a little diet change (stop drinking soda and sweet tea mostly), Metformin, I my A1C has been 5.6 since Sept and I haven’t seen a blood sugar reading over 110… even after eating too much pasta.
Mines basically back on track too after cutting all sweets and metformin. But 15.6? Wow dude. Glad they got you straightned up after that.

Its weird how it affects people differently, mine was 11.1 and i only symptoms i had was being thirsty and pissing alot. My sis in laws was like 8.1 or something and she was bascially fainting

Bear in the woods

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990/1999
Make / Model
Ford ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9 in 90 , 4.0 in 99
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
30”
Been on the border since I was 15. so 34 years later. I have noticed signs of it becoming more often.. always have managed it with eating anything I want. Just in smaller portions. And more often. I haven’t seen a doctor since Marine Corp . That was in my early twenties. May need to finally start changing my diet. It runs on both sides of my family. I Have also always burned food off fast doing heavy labor type jobs . lol not gonna lie. I refuse to work like that anymore. Been hard on my body. Guess I need to do a restoration job on myself instead of my trucks

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Damn, here I was thinking that the covid vaccine gave me Diabetes. Reading this is making me think it might have been a Ranger that did it.

Was diagnosed a month or so after getting a "mandatory" Covid vaccine for work. Seemed like a good thing to blame it on to me. Was officially diagnosed the week after Thanksgiving in 2021. The week before Thanksgiving my optometrist encouraged that I get checked immediately after seeing something in my eyes. Went the next day and surprise, blood sugar of 362. The A1C taken 2 weeks later (coonest I could get an appointment anywhere) was 12.5. Like manyt here I didn't know I ahd a problem and the doctors were shocked.

The doctor put me on metformin with the A1C test results and it was brought down to and stayed around 6.7 since. Now on Synjarday, still fairly stable on A1C. I don't check BS daily because there's not much I can do about it at this point and I got tired of poking holes in my finger for nothing. Was doing good with droping weight and had gotten down to a comfortable 175-180 lbs around this time last year. Got a new job in 2022 and am more stationary, it has let my weight creep back up to the 200 mark. Need to find a way to work in some more activity during the day.

Turns out the BS was affecting me more that I realized. What the optometrist saw that prompted the sugestion was microaneurysms in my eyes caused by diabetes. Apparently I was suffering from Diabetic Macular Edema which caused swelling in the retins and was messing with my vision. It caused straight lines to be wavy and blurry spots, but seems like it came on gradually enough that I learned to compensate for it without noticing. I've had to get injections in both eyes approximately every 8 weeks for about 1.5 years now. Unfortunately no end in sight at this time, but still managed to retain 20/20 corrected vision (worn glasses since 3rd grade) for almost the entire time.

Terrys87

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
This getting older is for the birds. When I was young, I could not gain weight. I was under weight. Now I am older I can't keep the weight off very easily. Eyesight, hip, cholesterol numbers are all going downhill. Hello enlarged prostate and no more sleeping 8 hours at a time.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals