• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Can we get a seperate 'Politics' forum, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
The tailgate is always full of shit about liberals or politics or whatever, and it turns my guts to see every second thread is about politics, I used to love being in the tailgate but now I rarely ever go in there cause thats all that is ever there, all the good threads are way back in the 2 and 3rd pages cause all the posts are in the politics threads.
Another forum Im a member of has a politics section and its deadly, so politics isnt scattered around the rest of the board
Does anyone else see where Im coming from?

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
i understand where your coming from completely, politics are boring and are a never ending discussion and just alot of assumptions and uneducated accusations. to those that like it, great, but 90% of the world could care less

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
i understand where your coming from completely, politics are boring and are a never ending discussion and just alot of assumptions and uneducated accusations. to those that like it, great, but 90% of the world could care less
^this. I mean we have the sancuary, the entertainment forum, and whatever else, I dont see why we cant have a politics section.

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.
So skip the polthreads, man. Nobody's forcing you to read them.

Seriously.

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
So skip the polthreads, man. Nobody's forcing you to read them.

Seriously.
no the point is more that this is a forum i come on to look at rbv's and some jokes, if i wanted to scan thru pages of dry political convo's, i'd sign up for a political forum.

i totally get what your saying about skipping them tho, but hey there's threads about politics, so we can have a thread bitching about them :icon_rofl:

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.
no the point is more that this is a forum i come on to look at rbv's and some jokes, if i wanted to scan thru pages of dry political convo's, i'd sign up for a political forum.

i totally get what your saying about skipping them tho, but hey there's threads about politics, so we can have a thread bitching about them :icon_rofl:
So add non-pol content, by all means. Nobody likes off-topic stuff like this bunch. And the polthreads are anything but dry. They're food for your braiiiinnnnnn.

/zombie

So would this be a post about a post bitching about a post about bitching about a thread? :icon_confused:

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.
Dave helps where he can, Kev.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The tailgate is always full of shit about liberals or politics or whatever, and it turns my guts to see every second thread is about politics, I used to love being in the tailgate but now I rarely ever go in there cause thats all that is ever there, all the good threads are way back in the 2 and 3rd pages cause all the posts are in the politics threads.
Another forum Im a member of has a politics section and its deadly, so politics isnt scattered around the rest of the board
Does anyone else see where Im coming from?
I agree fully, anything worth reading is instantly pushed a couple pages back by all the political crap that keeps regurgitating itself.

I have thought about how nice it would be to have a political forum for all the people that are into that to butt heads in all by their lonesome.

Really the entertainment forum has been pretty dry since the tailgate came out, maybe combine it with the tailgate (like the V6 forums are connected to each other) to make room? :icon_confused:

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I agree fully, anything worth reading is instantly pushed a couple pages back by all the political crap that keeps regurgitating itself.

I have thought about how nice it would be to have a political forum for all the people that are into that to butt heads in all by their lonesome.
This is exactly what Im thinking, hopefully Mr. Oaks can help us out.

Really the entertainment forum has been pretty dry since the tailgate came out, maybe combine it with the tailgate (like the V6 forums are connected to each other) to make room? :icon_confused:
Entertainment forum dont seem as cool since you dont really need to sign up for it like you do for the tailgate and the tailgate just seems more like the thick-skinned, r-rated place
think of the tailgate as going to the bar, and the entertainment forum is like your own house. sure its nice to be at your place with a couple buddys sometimes but its just not the same as going out to the bar!
make sense? :icon_rofl:

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
This is exactly what Im thinking, hopefully Mr. Oaks can help us out.

Entertainment forum dont seem as cool since you dont really need to sign up for it like you do for the tailgate and the tailgate just seems more like the thick-skinned, r-rated place
think of the tailgate as going to the bar, and the entertainment forum is like your own house. sure its nice to be at your place with a couple buddys sometimes but its just not the same as going out to the bar!
make sense? :icon_rofl:
with all the politics in it now, its like going to the elks club instead of the bar :icon_rofl:

RatDog8o8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ah, the politics of forums......

I agree, put the politico-threads in one spot. Yes, they can be "ignored", but easier to ignore a grouping.

Just my .02, adjusted for current economics of course.

badmts

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
"Decisions are made by those who show up." -I say LEAVE IT THE SAME!

Colin

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I agree with you boggin, there should be a different section. Anyway you can add a poll on this to make it easier to keep track of who wants what?

basilfaulty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I used to think politics was boring....these days you had better pay attention to what is going on your life and liberty may depend on it. The government wants you to be bored and not pay attention....easier to take things from you that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals