• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

can,t find a distributor for my duraspark conversion

Rand

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Capri
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Manual
Doesn't DUI stand for Davis Unified Ignition? Isn't that an English company? I thought the 2.8 was sold in England too...
Davis Unified Ignition (DUI) is in Memphis Tenn. aka Performance Distributor. They are very well known in the Hot Rod world. The distributor they sell for the 2.8 is beefed up with a full length bushing and recurved in accordance with your mods to ensure best performance. Not cheap, and the lead time is long, but really nice. I have one in my Capri.

They are going to have to find a core too, so that may impact the lead time as they build per order, so not an off the shelf item. Regardless if you order from Jegs, Summit, or direct from DUI, they are all going to get funneled through DUI with the same lead times. I bought mine several years ago and that is just the time it takes.

www.performancedistributors.com

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
I think your only option now is to get a junk Cardone distributor from the store for a 1974 Mustang II with 2.8. It will be a points distributor, but it's all they have left. Then you could put a pertronix unit in it to convert it to electronic. Fairly clean installation really, no module with wires hanging around. If the distributor is not wore out. Cardone sells lousy stuff. But they are the only game in town stateside.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals