• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Can a 2004-2007 K&N be used on 2000 MY

Airmaster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda,
Chevy
Engine Size
3.0L Stick, 3.6L Stick
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys, I am wanting to know if a 2004-2007 K&N intake for the 3.0L V6 can be used on other model years, specifically the year 2000. What are the differences in the intakes for the older Rangers/B3000s?

Why did K&N make so many adjustments through the years for the 3.0L? Were there different MAF designs, turns, etc?

I thank anyone with knowledgeable info on this ahead of time!

bigtruck94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994, 2002
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l v6, 5.4l triton
Transmission
Manual
K&N makes many changes in short notices. The 2000 ranger model intake tube is shorter made specific for your ranger and it has a spot to fit the MAF between the cone and tube. but the 04-07, The tube is longer and It only has the plug in MAF. Plus the 04-07 doesn't have the same brackets to get the right fit under the hood. So the 2000 ranger model air intake kit is probs your best bet.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals