• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Camshaft specifications 3.0L Vulcan

evanesce69

GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hello All-

It has been a while since I have last been here. I am in need of some information that I have had a very hard time researching. I would like to know the lift, duration and centerline of our factory 3.0 camshaft.

I am also curious whether or not anyone knows the "cc" of our factory intakes, upper and lower plenum combined without any porting or polishing.

Anyone up for an experiment? If you have an upper and lower intake handy try tilling the runners and plenum with ordinary tap water. After full, somehow pour that water into a bucket then weigh it or place in a liter bottle and post a photo or the weight. I can get a rough estimate from that information, at least close enough for government work.

Thanks to anyone who has some information or suggestions.

rob

evanesce69

GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Thanks Ron,

Yes I looked there, Tom's cams are all performance grinds. I am searching for the specifications for our stock cam. I haven't seen any information about stock intakes there either. sigh....

If only I have a used cam and intake. I could figure this out.

Anyone else have any ideas???

-Rob

huh?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L
would it be hard to measure the travel of the rocker arm or push rod at the various degrees of crankshaft rotation, then translate to cam angle?

the lift can be measured relatively easy with a ruler i would suppose.

if you have access to a dial indicator i think you can get measurements to calculate all three cam specs you desire.

the volume of the intake? ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............. yeah, i got nothing for you there.

huh?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L
would it be hard to measure the travel of the rocker arm or push rod at the various degrees of crankshaft rotation, then translate to cam angle?
it appears i didn't really think this one through. it wouldn't be "hard" to do but;

Q: who the heck wants to go pull the valve cover + buy gaskets + set up tools when the info has to be on the web somewhere?

A: not me.:D

here's some numbers: http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123996

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals