• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Camber & toe on a rear axle should be 0° correct?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
And by the way, a dealership that doesn't do service that you've asked for (an oil change at 1500 miles), because it's not needed, is worthy of respect. They don't want you to pay for unnecessary work, whether you're willing to pay for it or not.
Some engines run a different oil initially and it is better for the engine to run so many miles/hours/whatever with the "break-in oil" than to go straight to the normal stuff.

I don't know if Ford still does that but for a long time your first oil filter was different than any oil filter you could buy off a shelf too.

Really they are covering their buts for warranty when they write stuff in the book, especially for the first few oil changes.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I took my mom's edge in for the first oil change at less than 1,000 miles and they gave me crap. I said it's a break in change and they insisted engines no longer need to be broken in and to wait until 5,000 miles.

I asked if these fancy new engines are still made of metal and if so to change the (expletive) oil...

Point is you do what the customer asks regardless of whether you think it's necessary. If I want my oil changed every 15 minutes it's my money they better do it. When I was a quasi mechanic my one landscaping customer had all his trucks serviced during the winter and had me do a whole list of things every year even regardless of whether they needed it or not. I would let him know "hey your brake pads are still perfectly fine on truck #4" but he always had me do everything on his list anyway and I never argued. You don't just not do the work after a customer tells you to...

Last edited:

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
I agree with others. Don't go in mad. Go in and calmly ask what happened. Don't demand that they make it right, but give them the opportunity to offer. I suspect they will.

And by the way, a dealership that doesn't do service that you've asked for (an oil change at 1500 miles), because it's not needed, is worthy of respect. They don't want you to pay for unnecessary work, whether you're willing to pay for it or not.

Yeah I chose to wait a day so I could calm and collect myself. I'm hoping they do the right thing, after looking at the sheet they gave me when I left.. it said my tires are at 9/32 wear at all 4 corners. Well... my mud terrains have much more than 9/32 of tread so they definitely looked at the wrong truck lol.

As far as not doing the oil because it doesn't need it... in my line of work (installing seamless aluminum gutters)... well have multiple jobs a week where people want to pay to do unnecessary pieces of gutter and add extra downspouts to pieces where one downspout could more than handle the amount of roof they have.. and we put them up.. because that's what they want. Its just good business.

I'm crazy about my oil changes. I do my first change on EVERY new motor super early, and subsequent changes are done more frequently than the manufacturer reccomends. It's just the way I do things. Peace of mind.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Alright fellas. Just got home from the dealer.

The second the service manager saw my truck, he knew they had worked on the wrong ranger.

"We did all the right work to the wrong truck"

Yes. You did. After hearing them deny that fact for 2 days I was happy to hear it.

I have an appointment on Monday for a free servicing (they're going to refund my fordpass points) The only thing up in the air is why my front tires are wearing worse than Lindsay Lohan. I know its because my alignment isn't close to correct.. but as the service manager said.. Can't condemn the alignment until its put on the rack.

If the alignment does indeed come back as being incorrect, I expect a new set of tires. The furthest worn spots are nearly 1/16" lower than the rest.

Someone want to do some math for me? My brain won't work well enough to do it myself right now.

If 18.5/32 = 50,000

How much is 1/2?

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
My brain is working good enough where I could of done THAT lol.. let me rephrase slightly..

My tires have 18.5/32" brand new and the manufacturer says they'll last 50,000 miles..

If theyre worn to 1/2" how many miles should I have left In them?

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My brain is working good enough where I could of done THAT lol.. let me rephrase slightly..

My tires have 18.5/32" brand new and the manufacturer says they'll last 50,000 miles..

If theyre worn to 1/2" how many miles should I have left In them?
43,243 miles

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo

don4331

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
How many miles did you drive for the 6.5/32 wear...your mileage might not match the 50k.

I get 32,432 :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals